BBC Approved Spoilers

Home Forums General BBC Approved Spoilers

This topic contains 660 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  blenkinsopthebrave 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 651 through 661 (of 661 total)
  • Author
    nerys @nerys

@kevinwho Should we start calling this the divisive Chibnall era?

Reading this discussion, and similar ones elsewhere, I’m amazed at what short memories people have. As has already been pointed out, there’s been no shortage of debate over Doctor Who … certainly not since I started watching (I jumped on board with Chris Eccleston’s debut). Do people really not remember all the complaining about the superb Peter Capaldi being “too old”? And he was Jodi Whittaker’s immediate predecessor. And don’t even get me started on all the whining about Clara being “too Doctor-ish”!

I think the complaining becomes more pervasive as more and more people vent their spleens on social media, Internet comment boards and the like. So it gives the perception of overall negativity, when the reality may be just that, as always, the complainers complain, and the people who are satisfied keep quiet because they have nothing to complain about. Squeaky wheel, and all.

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@kevinwho and @jimthefish

I think a lot of the ‘rumours’ have a very strong subtext of ‘we don’t like Chibnall’s style, we don’t like the Whittaker Doctor, and we want them gone as fast as possible.’

Hell Bent was broadcast 5th December 2015, Husbands of River Song was Christmas 2015, Doctor Mysterio (which was well liked, @thane16, I think you misunderstood and Jim was talking about the time gap, not the story) Christmas 2016 and then The Pilot was April 2017.

So if we had exactly the same pattern we’ll have Resolution on New Years Day 2019, another Special on either Christmas 2019 (they’ve currently said ‘full series 2020’, I think) or New Years Day 2020, then Series 12 April 2020.

If they choose to start in January 2020 instead, the gap will be about thirteen months. That’s three months longer than the ten month gap that was usual even in the ball-breaking schedule of the RTD period.

The gaps have seemed shorter than they were because an April to June/July series with a Christmas Special means that people aren’t as aware of a ten month gap as they are when the series is finishing in December, the Special is in three weeks, and it’s twelve months until even the next Special.

Anonymous @

@nerys @bluesqueakpip

I have no doubt from the viewing numbers and such that the vast majority of people are loving the new series.  And honestly, for all my manifest disappointment, I don’t want JW gone or Chibnall either.  I just want a larger proportion of It Takes You Away’s and Kerblam!’s.

I’ve obviously overdone the quibbles, and will try to moderate them.

Anonymous @

So I’m watching the Who marathon on BBC America, and they had the ad for the New Year’s special again, and this time they added one word at the end.  Ready for it?

Exterminate!  (And yes, in that voice.)

Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

Trust the bloody yanks to spoil the suspense. Yes there is a general consensus that from the uk trailers info that it is probably the Daleks that are the big bad of the episode but at least the uk trailer so far had left for it to be a surprise and end up being something else. One has to hope that whoever authorised the BBC America trailer will get a royal ass kicking. I personally hoped it would end up being something else either a new monster  say dredged up from the deep dark past of the universe or one from earlier Who like the Dominators. At least prior to this the fans could at least bonkerise in hope.

@devilishrobby

The are using that word in the UK trailer too.

Not every reveal is a spoiler.

Anonymous @

@pedant – They’ve been playing the ad for several days, and only started adding that just now.  I looked here on the forum and saw nothing, and thought perhaps this was a US-only version?  So I posted.

Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

@pedant @kevinwho like you Kevin I too thought this must be a US only trailer as I’ve not seen this new trailer in the uk so I suspect it’s only just started broadcasting. But I wonder if this is because of the US trailer. Oh @pedant if that is only true it would be wonderful if the BeeB had released a trailer with the intention to mislead us or even its an enemy that even the Daleks have been forced to side with the Doctor its not like that hasn’t happened before🤔😜

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

Greeting from a somewhat groggy, post-Christmas state of being.

@devilishrobby

I am with @pedant. I think the juxtaposition of the Doctor’s statement: “This is the DNA of…” etc, followed by THAT word, is a misdirection. I suspect there is another big bad out there. Or perhaps, in my groggy, but optimistic, post-Christmas state, I hope there is a bigger surprise in store.

BBC America has announced the start of production of series 12.

Wasn’t sure how to embed a twitter announcement, so:

Filming Begins On “Doctor Who” Series 12

p.s. just saw my post above again. Well, I got that one wrong!

Hullo…apparently I do know how to embed a twitter announcement…

Very mysterious.

Viewing 11 posts - 651 through 661 (of 661 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.