Dr Who News (4)

Home Forums General Dr Who News (4)

This topic contains 722 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  wolfweed 3 hours, 42 minutes ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 701 through 723 (of 723 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous @

@missy @janetteb

Mum would  agree with the kettles. About  a year ago she bought a small saucepan for $5 which is just used for heating water. The stove was once gas and it heated up fast. Now with an induction stove for 2 cups  it takes less time. All that gunk in the kettle isn’t in the saucepan!

I think it can be said that the creative cleverness of a composer and writer like you said do need to be recirculated occasionally b ut  then if Pip says if  it could just be a discussion with a new head writer to see they’re on the same page then that would be a good idea -for the media and social media too. I like Murray Gold and saw some good interviews with him -he’s a quiet, humble man in my opinion

Thane

janetteB @janetteb

@thane15 We have resorted to the saucepan too now.

I really like Murray Gold’s music too but would not be surprised if he is ready to “move on” too. At the same time I think Chibnell does need to tread carefully. He is making big changes but some things must remain, or it ceases to feel like the same show. Music is more integral to the feel of the series than many people realise. It sets the mood, the tone and helps tell the story. (You Mum could say this so much better. Music is not my area.) Music has always been integral to the feel of Dr Who and was in part responsible for its success in the early (BG) days because it conveyed an “otherworldy” sense. M.Gs music is more “grounded” but it has a strong emotive note and has been equally essential to the success of AG Who.

Cheers
    Janette

MissRori @missrori

@missy Unfortunately the soundtrack releases stopped after Series 8 so no “Heaven Sent” music for you… 🙁 Just another example of how poorly the Twelfth Doctor’s era was served….

Hellsingfan01 @hellsingfan01

what do people think of the doctor’s new look i personally can’t make my mind up if it’s the best outfit or the worst

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/FB3E/production/_98681346_jodie-whittaker-as-the-doct.jpg

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@hellsingfan01

We’re discussing it over on ‘BBC Approved Spoilers’.

Please don’t post pics on other threads: some people like to know as little as possible before the episode is broadcast.

Hellsingfan01 @hellsingfan01

@bluesqueakpip thanks for letting me know

Missy @missy

@thane15:

Same here. We had a fridge/freezer and air conditioner, which lasted over 20 years!

I also agree that Murray may need a break, even though I shall miss him.

@hellsingfan01:

As for the the JW outfit? She should audition for the Wiggles.

The word ‘ludicrous’ comes to mind. The new series is getting better and better!

@janetteb:

Yes, you are right. Even the best of the best (in my opinion) must run out of ideas sooner or later.

I’ve found that too. The cheaper the kettle the longer it lasts.

@missrori:

That’s fine, I can hear it on YT and have frequently. *grins*

Missy

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Missy @missy

@wolfweed;

Thanks for that. I shall investigate.

Missy

wolfweed @wolfweed

The series 10 boxset doesn’t seem to have ‘Friend from the Future’ in, on or under it….

fftf

I hope you taped it off the telly…

Missy @missy

Never even heard of it.

Missy

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@missy

It was the promo scene for Bill that the BBC used; it was broadcast as a scene from the first episode.
    However, it was filmed before the first episode, and when they did the final editing the promo scene just didn’t work. It didn’t fit within the main story of ‘The Pilot’.

So it’s now a standalone scene: I suspect Steven Moffat has decided that its status is now ‘promo’, and they often don’t include those in the boxsets.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@missy  @bluesqueakpip

There is a documentary that features the filming of ‘Friend from the Future’ very heavily. But it itself is not in the boxset. Boxsets have always been good to include all the extra bits & bobs in the past. The trailers don’t seem to be in it either, & those have always been in boxsets before…

The boxset is a slight letdown. It has a whole disc of cutdown ‘The Fan Show’ rather than new material…

There is a good little docu’ about the finale and another good one about Rona Munro, though…

MissRori @missrori

Another thing bugging me about the boxset — why did they decide to bring it out now instead of after Christmas along with “Twice Upon a Time”?

Could it be that “Twice Upon a Time” is a surprise feature-length or two-part episode?  🙂

Adrain Smith @adrainsmith

Catch the full episodes of doctor who TV Series and get the latest breaking news, exclusive videos , pictures and updates online FANdemonium Network.

Missy @missy

@adrainsmith:

Thank you for that.

Missy

Missy @missy

The Christmas special usually appears on the next series.  Such as Mysterio is on this boxset. One assumes that this years CS will be on series 11. I shall buy it seperately this time.

Friend from the Future I realised was the opening, when Bill asks (under fire) “What’s a Dalek?”

I didn’t know it had a name. This was supposed to be on an extended edition – I heard SM say so. If not, there is always YT.

My Box set is on it’s way.

Missy

Missy @missy

@bluesqueakpip:

It’s such a shame, because it’s one of the funniest clips in the Pilot.

SM mentions that he didn’t include it, because he introduces Bill in the first scene anyway. So Z bit like double dipping – he didn’t day that I did. *(grins*

Missy

wolfweed @wolfweed

Lots of as yet unseen costume designs…

wolfweed @wolfweed

tardigrade @tardigrade

@wolfweed Looks interesting. I see there’s some criticism of the animation style, but for the purpose of bridging elements of the story where there is no footage, I think it’s fine. In fact, it makes the animation look more like it’s a product of the time when the rest was filmed, rather than a modern day animation studio, so there’s a certain appropriateness to that.

wolfweed @wolfweed

wolfweed @wolfweed

Shada is now available to download…

Viewing 23 posts - 701 through 723 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.