Dr Who News (4)

Home Forums General Dr Who News (4)

This topic contains 824 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  Missy 12 hours, 49 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 825 total)
  • Author
    wolfweed @wolfweed

Coming soonish…     amazon link

eotw se

Mudlark @mudlark

Strictly speaking, this is not Doctor Who news, but there is a Doctor Who connection. The first episode of a new drama, Collateral, airs next Monday on BBC2 and, according to the Radi0 Times (dead tree edition), it is a thriller which poses questions about the experience and treatment of migrants and immigrants in Britain. The writer is David Hare and the Who link is in the cast list, which includes Billie Piper, Carey Mulligan and John Simm. Chances are with those credentials that it will be worth investigating.

TrinaJoanne @trinajoanne

Hi all, I am new to forums and looking for ways to keep up with the latest Doctor Who news. I was just wondering what sources everyone uses to find out the latest news on Doctor Who and whats their most reliable source when not using this forum.

Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

Don’t know if anyone else has seen the Mirrors article about there being discussions on possibly moving Who to a Sunday slot. Not sure if it’s a fake news article but my gut reaction was Nooooooo to me the Spiritual home of Dr Who has always been early Saturday evenings. In my own personal opinion a lot of BG Who’s problems started when they started messing with its time slot and moving it to week days.

MissRori @missrori

@trinajoanne  I have found Blogtor Who (blogtorwho.com) to be the best of the unofficial news sites for collecting legit stories/press releases about all aspects of the Whoniverse, including other projects the cast and crew are busy with.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@devilishrobby

There may be some truth in the article, because if series 11 broadcasts in the autumn, it faces a constantly shifting time-slot scheduled around Strictly Come Dancing (The Beeb’s big Saturday night show). Also if shown on Saturdays, it will likely overlap with The X Factor on ITV. Yikes!

mirror article – who moving to sundays?

strictly sats

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@trinajoanne — personally I find the best Who news source is the mighty @wolfweed.

Speaking of which, I don’t have a massive problem with Who moving to Sundays and can even see the wisdom in it. Saturday evenings is just too much of a ground zero for ratings these days. Even if you hold your own there, if something beats you then it can feed into a narrative of ‘failure’. Who was a good fit for Saturdays back when it was 25 minutes and tucked between the sports results and the ‘proper’ evening telly. Sundays, by contrast, is a less competitive field and it’s also a good slot to have with a more captive family audience.

However, I have seen compelling arguments against moving it, namely that it might stuff up BBC America’s Saturday nights and also mean that Australian viewers won’t be seeing the story until early Monday.

And am I the only one who doesn’t see the point in a special edition of Enemy of the World. I know it’s not exactly a story that I’m in love with, but surely there’s other classic stories that deserve a bit more remastering love first?

wolfweed @wolfweed

Too kind, @jimthefish …

@trinajoanne I find twitter to be the best news source for Dr Who…

Originally, Dr Who did even better for Davison by moving from Saturdays. However, putting it up against Coronation Street in the late 80s was a bit of a suicide mission.

sats vs suns

I can’t remember what the rumours are for what’s currently getting reconstructed. I think it may be ‘The Crusade’ having it’s missing eps animated.

The ‘Enemy’ Special Edition may have something to do with the passing of Deborah Watling but I’m not sure.

It’s released on the 19th of March.

enemy extras

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@devilishrobby

I agree that the spiritual home of Who has always been Saturday evenings, but Saturday evenings have changed – they’re now more Variety orientated, with big, often live, shows. The big ‘family drama’ slot is now Sunday from about 7.30 – they might be thinking of popping Who in the 8pm pre-watershed slot, for example. Currently, Who is adding on a third of its viewers via IPlayer, plus there are regular complaints about the ever-changing start time. So maybe a more regular slot on Sunday would be better – especially when a lot of people who haven’t watched for ages are likely to tune in to see what Jodie Whittaker’s first female Doctor is like.

That would actually be a very good slot – Call The Midwife is there now, and doesn’t exactly get low ratings. 😉

wolfweed @wolfweed

New old deleted scene revealed:

wolfweed @wolfweed

wolfweed @wolfweed

Gallifrey One was this weekend. Cool that costume designer Hayley Nebauer revealed the origins of the tattered coat.

p cap by p cap

(Also check out #gally1 ) Lots of info including who won’t be returning for series 11…

XAD4 @xad4

UK: The Sarah Jane Adventures Now Available On BBC iPlayer

http://tennantnews.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/uk-sarah-jane-adventures-now-available.html

wolfweed @wolfweed

The great Peter Miles has passed away at the age of 89

XAD4 @xad4

toinfinityandbepond @toinfinityandbepond
    janetteB @janetteb

@toinfinityandbeyond Well not really Dr Who but the BBC. From what I heard he left due to ethical issues but was honourable enough not to mention it to the press so the BBC should have been grateful to him for that. Would love to see his take on Macbeth.
    Cheers
    Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

Radio Times:

Peter Capaldi to give first interview since leaving Doctor Who The Twelfth Doctor is set to appear at a series of events in the US, Australia and the UK

(WARNING: Article contains a video of srs 11 spoilers which you are NOT obliged to watchPLEASE DON’T DISCUSS HERE…)

pee cap

Missy @missy

@wolfweed:

Thank you for that.  Why oh why does Perth always miss out!

Missy

Conchobarre @conchobarre

The excitement when I saw that Peter Capaldi is coming to Australia! The disspointment when I discovered he’s not coming to Sydney. 🙁

wolfweed @wolfweed

He probably choked because he heard that the series 9 soundtrack is finally being released…

Missy @missy

@wolfweed

Thanks for that. He is such a comedian, I am really going to miss this man.

gamergirlavatar @gamergirlavatar

@wolfweed What a great video, thanks for uploading it. Peter is so funny, every interview I’ve seen him in makes me laugh. I’m really going to miss him.

Missy @missy

@gamergirlavatar

He didn’t need a script either.

@missy I know, he’s so incredible. I’m making it a new goal of mine to see him at comic con some day.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

Classic Dr Who comes to Twitch…

wolfweed @wolfweed

Gentle reminder – Doctor Who on Twitch starts tonight…

toinfinityandbepond @toinfinityandbepond

11th Doc trailer to drop on BBC after England’s 1st world cup game on 18 june

winston @winston

@toinfinityandbepond  Thank you for the news , I look forward to that.

@toinfinityandbepond Thank you so much for the news. I can’t wait for a trailer. It’s going to be incredible to watch. Thanks again.

wolfweed @wolfweed

wolfweed @wolfweed
    CountScarlioni @countscarlioni

Part six of the recently aired (here in North America anyway) James Cameron’s Story of Science Fiction is on time travel. There’s a fascinating segment with Peter Capaldi. After rooting around a bit, I came across a Radio Times piece from last week on this segment and which includes the following extract:  

“It has all these other levels of philosophical and reflective nature that make it very, very rich,” he said.

“People always ask me what is it about the show that appeals so broadly. The answer I would like to give – and which I’m discouraged from giving because it is not useful in the promotion of a brand – is that it’s about death.

“And it has a very, very powerful death motif in it which is that the central character dies. I think that is one of its most potent mysteries because somewhere in that people see that that’s what happens in life.

“You have loved ones and then they go, but you must carry on.”

Especially interesting comment on the branding!

wolfweed @wolfweed

Missy @missy

@gamergirlavatar;

I wish that I could see him at one. *sigh*

Missy

wolfweed @wolfweed

‘I’m a trailer. But probably not the one you’re expecting.’

A nice trailer for series 1-10 on iplayer was aired before the England vs Tunisia match.

I Imagine that the ‘true’ Who trailer will drop at San Diego Comic Con, as some of the key cast and crew will be attending a panel (sometime during July 19-22)…….

wolfweed @wolfweed

Somebody finally uploaded it…

janetteB @janetteb

thank you for the link @wolfweed that brought a much needed smile to my face. How well that is put together, to include all the companions as well as Madam Vastra, River Song and Rory all in thirty seconds is impressive.
    Cheers
    Janette

winston @winston

@wolfweed Thanks for that.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Fun new promo…

wolfweed @wolfweed

There are some issues with the Season 12 Blu Ray, so…..

help

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

wolfweed @wolfweed

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@wolfweed

Oh, goody. That’s hopefully the series teaser, and even more hopefully will include the start date. 🙂

wolfweed @wolfweed

@bluesqueakpip

Half time is approx 5pm in the UK…

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

Hurrah!

And thanks to @wolfweed, I won’t even have to watch the World Cup!

janetteB @janetteb

@blenkinsopthebrave hear hear to that..

Cheers

Janette

todeledo @todeledo
Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 825 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.