The Day of The Doctor – The 50th Anniversary Special

Home Forums Episodes The Eleventh Doctor The Day of The Doctor – The 50th Anniversary Special

This topic contains 963 replies, has 80 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 964 total)
  • Author
    Borklaydoctor @borklaydoctor

wow 1 month left still impatient but 2 months just passed away. Time flies fast. Well ı have never understand this quote.:)

wolfweed @wolfweed

No trailer. Presumably that means next Saturday then.

My theory on the identity of the reflection in the crystal ball in the fifty years teaser is:

It starts off as Sarah Jane & then becomes Susan…
    z

kelbesh @kelbesh

Hello all,

I’m relatively new to Doctor Who. I started watching it few months ago and I just finished Season 4. I would really like to watch Day of the Doctor on 23rd November, but I won’t be able to watch entire seasons 5,6 and 7 until then (I don’t have too much free time next to school and part-time job).

So, my question is: What episodes from seasons 5,6 and 7 would you recommend to watch so I wouldn’t be lost when watching “Day of the Doctor”? Of course nobody knows what the episode will be about exactly, but I’m asking what episodes of mentioned three seasons have important plot points in the continuity.

@kelbesh if you dont watch yhe 5 6 and 7th season you wont probably understand anything because that’s where 11th doctor’s born.At least before watching 50th anniversary watch The Name Of  The Doctor(7th season finale).Won’t tell everything but better than nothing.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@kelbesh

How well timed. Read the exchange here and take @bluesqueakpip s advice.

could rose be susan (doctor’s grandchild) because her gallifrey name means Rose and she was also 19 years old like Rose.(It is not spoiler it is a theorie of mine)

serpent90 @serpent90

I have a hypothesis – the guy directly behind Rassilon and besides “the Woman”  in the End of Time episode is the eleventh Doctor.

Since “The Day of The Doctor” will probably involve the time war, it seems to be a distinct possibility.

Especially since it was the first episode with Matt Smith.

WhoHar @whohar

@osakahatter

Presumably, as D11 has already witnessed these events once (when still D10) and remembers, he will somehow alter them, breaking out of the loop.

In the past when there have been mutli-Doctor stories, the TL’s have been there to help and avoid any paradoxes. They are not there now so this could all become very messy: D11 should have all the memories of D10 and D10 should have known – in advance – who he would regenerate into. However, there has been no indication of this in-show to date.

Also if D10 alters the future then D11 wouldn’t need to go and find him (presumably) which means that D10 doesn’t then alter the future which means that D11 then does have to go and find him (presumably) etc. etc.

Then again, time isn’t a strict progression of cause and effect, is it?

WhoHar @whohar

@ScarB

and I agree with most of what you say

What do you  mean, most 🙂

WhoHar @whohar

@serpent90

Those TL’s with their head in their hands always reminded me – by their pose – of Weeping Angels.  Given that the WA feed off time, I had a bonkers notion that Moffat was planning to reveal that TL’s (or some of them) had transformed into Angels (somehow).

It would be nice but there are enough strange theories and loose ends around as it is.

ScaryB @scaryb

@wolfweed Nice screengrab – it’s really difficult to work it out, with the distortion on the globe, but it’s not Clara and it doesn’t look like SJ. And it does look a bit like CAF

@whohar re “most” – you mis-credited my theory, so I’m not going to spoil you, haha

I had a bonkers notion that Moffat was planning to reveal that TL’s (or some of them) had transformed into Angels (somehow).

Not sure if that’s come up before, maybe from your good self, but it’s an intriguing idea. (Doesn’t need to be revealed now or any time soon)

It would be nice but there are enough strange theories and loose ends around as it is.

Nah! You can never have too many bonkers theories on the go, and as I said above, it could sit on the back burner for a while yet.

OsakaHatter @osakahatter

@whohar

Also if D10 alters the future then D11 wouldn’t need to go and find him (presumably) which means that D10 doesn’t then alter the future which means that D11 then does have to go and find him (presumably) etc. etc.

Then again, time isn’t a strict progression of cause and effect, is it?

Not in this show!  I think it depends on what the change outcome is.  It may have be getting the key to moving past Trenazlore – so D10 would never have known what was needed or what worked, but D11 having been there, now recognises something he needs.  D11 could still end up crossing D10’s path again, but everything is subtly different each time round.  We only get to follow the universe where the Doctor’s story continues.

To steal from Terry Pratchett:

‘We used to think time was like a river, we could row up and down and come back to the same place.  Then we found it acted like a sea, so you could go from side to side as well.  Then it turned out to be a big ball of water; you could go up and down too.  Currently we think it’s like … oh, lots of spaces, all rolled up. And then there are time jumps and time slips and humans mess it up too, wasting it and gaining it.  And then there’s quantum, of course.’  The monk sighed.  ‘There’s always bloody quantum.  So what with one thing and another, we think we’re doing quite well if yesterday happens before tomorrow, quite frankly’

Night Watch  is a lovely telling of going back and crossing your own timeline.

Those TL’s with their head in their hands always reminded me – by their pose – of Weeping Angels. 

I’m sure I read a theory on here about weeping angels being the physical shells of time lords who’d been uploaded to the matrix?  Like it though, and as @scaryb says, it’s something that could be left on the back burner for years to come.

Always felt those bowed Time Lords were a plot line that needed some exploration in the End of Time specials, they seemed too tied to that plot to leave hanging.

Nick @nick

@osakahatter

Always felt those bowed Time Lords were a plot line that needed some exploration in the End of Time specials, they seemed too tied to that plot to leave hanging.

There were a few of those I seem to recall…

Nick

Anonymous @

@nick @osakahatter @whohar @scaryb

Yep, that woman who appeared to Wilf was never fully (or even partially!) explained.  And the ‘duck pond with no ducks’ was heavily emphasised but fizzled out with no resolution.

Now that since the upgrade we have the snazzy new Forums Search option, I’m on a mission to see what ‘loose ends’ or ‘loose threads’ are mentioned in posts and bring them all together.  I smell a new blog coming up …

… and this could actually be an option for a poll (@Craig) – people could vote on which ‘loose ends’ they think will be addressed in the 50th anniversary show.

Off to stretch the Airedales’ legs, then back later on this point.

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/video/the-day-of-the-doctor-50-year-trailer what a amazing trailer awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

serpent90 @serpent90

I’d add a couple assumptions to what I wrote earlier.

If the doctor that doesn’t deserve the name (John Hurt) fits between the 8th and 9th and was the one that fought the time war, then it’s possible that he got as desperate as the other time lords during the war.

Wich would possibly mean that he was the one who came up with the plan to destroy all of existance to save the time lords, or at least he did nothing to stop it , thus betraying the name of the Doctor.

The doctor never made a secret of the fact that he was the one that locked the time war away, so that can hardly be the secret of what the nameless did.

I can imagine the 11th Doctor along with the 10th being the ones that lock  Gallifrey away and stop the nameless.

So the 9th doctor knows that he will in the future be the one that condems all of his race.

That’s twisted enough methinks.

Anonymous @

@ all – there is a new blog up which requires audience participation:

http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/sidrat/the-loose-ends-blog-for-the-50th-anniversary-special/

@craig – as in my previous post on this thread, I’ve included this comment in the blog:

Perhaps we could do an inaugural poll afterward, so peoples’ votes on which ones they think will be addressed in the 50th show can be easily summarised?

WhoHar @whohar

@scaryb (got the “y” in this time, sorry)

@wolfweed Nice screengrab – it’s really difficult to work it out, with the distortion on the globe, but it’s not Clara and it doesn’t look like SJ. And it does look a bit like CAF

But does it look like the actor who plays Susan in Adventures in Space and Time? Now that would be interesting and would point to the “drumroll…..return of Susan”

Nick @nick

@whohar

Very interesting observation. The actor’s name is Claudia Grant. I’m not convinced myself, but since the image in the globe has been digitally altered, I wouldn’t rule it out.

Nick

Mini-HTPBDET(s) @mini-htpbdets

Uncle had a final thought about John Hurt while we were discussing the Anniversay Special last week.

He wondered whether Mr Moffat was tricking us.

John Hurt was introduced as The Doctor.

But was he the Doctor? Was he a predecessor or successor to Smith’s Doctor? At least the GI and Clara are in the Track of Tears, so could some other person be there too? Have we just assumed he is one of our Doctors?

Could Hurt’s character carry a title – a title which the Doctor we know takes over because of what Hurt does?

Uncle said that it might be possible that Hurt was a different person from our Doctor, a person called the Doctor for some reason – like it was a post (such as Chancellor). Hurt does something and our Doctor replaces him. This would mean they are different Doctors but not in the sense that Hartnell and Troughton were different Doctors.

This way, Uncle thought, Hurt would not necessarily count in the regenerations list.

Or, the title of Doctor, might bring with it extra lives.

I have tried to put this the way Uncle wanted me to and I hope it makes sense.

But I am still not sure if he meant this seriously or as a way to make my brothers and I think about different things.

He said I should end this post by saying : Your time starts now.

Thank you for reading this.

Timeloop @timeloop

@mini-htpbdets thats a great idea of your uncle! A new batch of possibilities. So the name is like a trophy and different Timelords carry the name for a period of time. Properly bonkers theorising.
    How very true “your time starts now”. Great thought one tends to forget.

Again my condolences to HTPBDETs whole family.

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@mini-htpbdets Well, as usual, @htpbdet had outfoxed us all again, by coming up with a theory none of us had thought of! There is something really appealing about it as well–the notion that the title of The Doctor is associated with an office one holds, and that our 11 Doctors have been, perhaps, trying to live by standards that had been abandoned by the Hurt Doctor.

I just re-watched the ending of The Name of the Doctor. I am not sure how to relate the above with the 11th saying “He’s me. There’s only me here, that’s the point”…and…”I said he was me. I never said he was the Doctor”. They would both imply that Hurt is one of the 11 (12?) Doctors.

But…are those statements necessarily incompatible with @htpbdet‘s theory? Well, not if the person becomes the office he holds, which may well exist in a culture that does not accord the importance to individual identity in the way we are used to. And also, think back to the wording of the mini-trailers, where the 11th talks about lives in the plural.

Lots more thought required on this one!

ScaryB @scaryb

@mini-htpbdets

He wondered whether Mr Moffat was tricking us

Ha! I think that is highly likely!

However, I tend to agree with @blenkinsopthebrave‘s comment –

“He’s me. There’s only me here, that’s the point”…and…”I said he was me. I never said he was the Doctor

Combining the two is interesting tho, the idea that Hurt has the title originally but it’s his failure to live up to it that sets our Doctor off on his travels – trying to make up for the perceived sins of the “father”.

I still like the idea (The Trinity Theory) that in order to move forward, that Eleven (presumably with the help of Ten, and possibly other previous incarnations in whatever form) has to come to terms with being related to HurtDr, and somehow bring him back into the fold. That in order to move on, Eleven has to understand why, and then forgive his predecessor. Perhaps by the 3 of them merging into one before regenerating into Capaldi (with possibly loads of spare regenerations as a by-product).

Re what the HurtDr did that was so unforgiveable – I think he was someone who acted out of expediency rather than principle. Choosing the lesser of 2 evils in order to bring about a good. eg trading with the Daleks, or as @bluesqueakpip‘s theory condoning actions which resulted in the loss of Gallifrey’s children.

What I did was without choice, in the name of peace and sanity” (whose sanity? his own? or for a more general sanity?)

chickenelly @chickenelly

I’ve been a bit busy these last few weeks (organising a house move) but honouring the wishes of @htpbdet and his mini incarnations, I shall pose a few bonkers theories about Hurt’s ‘Doctor’ (and in the process hope that I’m not repeating ones upstream).

*dusts off pipe and gets out numbered list*

1. When the Doctor enters his own timeline following Clara in TNotD, the other Doctors ignore them – ie running past quickly, essentially they are ghosts of what has been.  It puts me in mind of Scrooge going back into his past in ‘A Christmas Carol’.  However the only one who engages them in conversation is Hurt Doctor.  Why is this?  Is Hurt Doctor therefore the ghost of things to come?  Is he indeed the Valeyard?
    2. Has Hurt always been part of the Doctor’s timeline or has the influence of the Great Intelligence caused him to be by corrupting him in some way (following on from part one) and echoing Hurt’s quote: What I did was without choice, in the name of peace and sanity.
    3. [okay not a bonkers theory as such, rather a stream of consciousness along a theme] Upstream, others have been mentioning the possibility that Prisoner Zero is the Doctor.  You know, when series 5 was on I was thinking exactly the same thing (in my pre-bonkers posting days).  One of the things we know about Prisoner Zero is that he is a shape changer, but then so is the Doctor to a certain extent.

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@mini-HTPBDETS- I like that theory.

We do know that the idea of ‘self’ for a timelord is somewhat different to that of non-regenerating/reincarnating human beings. When the physical body and personality change, what is the continuation exactly, assuming it is more than memory?

And I think ‘eleven’ said something along the lines of it not being about the name, it’s the title of ‘the Doctor’ that matters. It’s the role he plays.

I also wonder about the idea of ‘peace and sanity’. I saw part of the documentary on Watch about Colin Bakers Doctor, and the one thing I did quite like was where, at the start of his regeneration (umm, spoilers?) he starts clutching his head and talking about not enough change, all those centuries of existence. Maybe it was peace and sanity for himself, and that is what was not acceptable for the doctor- maybe Hurt Doctor just gave up? and ‘our’ doctor replaced him? (I rather hope not, though. I didn’t say it was a good theory…)

I’m still not sure, if he was originally a different person in the same position, why he would be in our Doctors timestream. But I think Moffat has worked his way out of worse corners….

Miapatrick @miapatrick

to clarify- the theory I hope isn’t right and that I didn’t say was a good theory is that the terrible thing the Hurt Doctor did was giving up etc, not @HTPDBDET’s of him being a different ‘doctor’.

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

wolfweed @wolfweed

It’s taken me a while to get around to posting this…

On Sunday, Points of View featured an article about (people whinging that there are) ‘too many trailers’.

Philip Almond (Director of Marketing & Audiences) had this to say:

‘Last week we launched our trail for the 50th Anniversary episode of Dr Who. It was launched on Saturday night. By the Tuesday morning, two & a half million people had sought out & downloaded that trail on Youtube.’

Watch the ep of POV here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mysv
    z

WhoHar @whohar

@mini-htpbdets

Thanks for posting during this time. I have to say, as @scaryb and @blenkinsopthebrave mentioned, there is some specific quotes in-show that work against the theory. Then again, the very title of that ep was The Name of the Doctor and that was read initially one way by most of us on here (@bluesqueakpip excepted) and then differently post episode.

It certainly is a Moffat trait to use word play and obfuscation to throw us all off the scent. If your Uncle’s theory proves to be correct, that must make the Hurt Doctor, Doc Zero.

At this stage I’m not ruling anything out.

@miapatrick Your first post (#19599) made perfect sense to me but then I got confused when reading your subsequent one.

WhoHar @whohar

@miapatrick

Just re-read your post #15600 and I’ve got it now. I feel like a bear-with-very-little-brain. Tum-di-dum.

DrSmith @drsmith

If I may wiggle in a quick theory in: Perhaps Hurt isn’t a Doctor at all just the existance of The Doctor if you will. In The Name of The Doctor, Doc #11 says “What, were you expecting a body I’ve had many bodies.” What I’ve noticed is that in the pictures and the big cliff hanger he had Tennant’s styled hair (season 4) so maybe during the time war an incarnation of the timelords didn’t fight the daleks but a 14th incarnation if you will, a small piece of all the doctors in one. Perhaps Tennant’s hair style, Hair color from Hartnell and Pertwee, maybe the overcoat from the sixth (and I beleive seven had one to) his voice sounds like he’s an older version of Eccleston, but his personality could be the rest like Troughton’s grumpyness or T bakers’s crazy unpredictability.

OK, bonkers theorising…the Zygons.

If I am correct, we have had very little (any?) theorising about what the Zygons are doing in the 50th. I am a little rusty on the Zygons, but the only things of potential relevance about the Zygons from the Tom Baker story that I recall is that they are shapeshifters and that there was no resolution to the state of the invading Zygon fleet at the end of the story (another loose end, perhaps?)

What sort of bonkers theory can be constructed from these morsels? Hmmm…well…still thinking…

No, I’m stumped.

Not a particularly auspicious start to a day of bonkers theorising, I am afraid.

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@WhoHar- ah, it wasn’t very coherent. I just had an attack of paranoia for some strange reason. Wasn’t even drinking- maybe that was the problem. Still, better to be paranoid then to appear extremely rude, I suppose…

WhoHar @whohar

@blenkinsopthebrave

Pitiful 🙂 . Actually I was wondering about the Zygons myself. No-one seems to have picked up on that. Would love to see them return but the shapeshifter property means that Moffat can have mucho fun and games at the fans expense. Perhaps Doc 10 will turn out to be a Zygon. Or the Hurt Doc or even Doc 11? If the Zygons are going to be in the 50th, Moffat will have to introduce them to an AG audience. He’s only got 70 mins remember so it will be an interesting plot line. I remember the appalling SFX that accompanied the Loch Ness monster sequence in the original. But it’s still one of my favourite Doc4 stories and I should get the DVD.

Hope Canada is treating you right and the smell of maple syrup is not too disconcerting. FWIW, the weather down here has been fifty shades of shite – they never told me it would be like this.

Liked your posts On the Sofa btw.

WhoHar @whohar

@miapatrick

Wasn’t even drinking- maybe that was the problem.

I have the same issue.

I appreciated why you were making the post, it just took me a while to figure it out. My bad.

How’s the creative writing going? If it’s any help I did an MA in Scriptwriting, so if you need to bounce any ideas off a thick head, please boing away.

Nick @nick

@blenkinsopthebrave

Hi there. I recall that the Zygon spaceship blew-up at the end eliminating the Zygon problem from Earth (they reappear in various Books though). You’re absolutely right though, there has been very little or no bonkers theories I’ve come across or (so far as I’m aware) much in the way of Spoilers either.

I believe most spoilers out there (right now anyway) are actually “official” propaganda (whether to raise the audience/fan expectation, or to mis-lead or outright lie to us), I think that either the Zygons are going to have a major (so far hidden impact on the story) somehow or they will be a small part thrown into the mix as part of the 50th celebration element of the story. They also might not be the only returning “foe” as well.

Cheers

Nick

Nick @nick

@whohar

The 70 minute limit is a concern for me as well. However, I wonder if some of this will continue on into the Christmas Show. If the Christmas Show is more of a typical story like we’ve seen over the last few years, its going to be interesting to see how the regeneration happens.

Nick

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

I think my bonkers theorising about the Zygons consisted of ‘they’re mainly there to prevent spoilers’. Because if you’ve got Zygons in a story, you can’t tell what character the actor is really playing.

On a side-note, I did rather admire David Tennant’s jokey “What am I allowed to say…yes, I’m in it. And I’m playing a character I may have played before…”

The important thing, to me, is that they haven’t updated the costume. Given the advances in prosthetics since we last saw the rubber glory of the Zygons in their native form, they’re either mostly using them in shapeshifting form, or it’s a misdirection. For example, when we meet the Tennant Doctor (if we do) and Rose, they’re fighting the Zygons. Who get defeated in the first five minutes, and then we go on to the rest of the story…

@nick. The status of the Zygon fleet. Here is my memory (admittedly it may be a false memory): the Zygon ship was destroyed, but there was a Zygon fleet out there somewhere on its way to Earth, and what happended to it was unresolved.

Admittedly, I am drawing on a memory of watching this 40 years ago, and these days I am lucky if I can remember what I was doing last night.

Nick @nick

@bluesqueakpip

For example, when we meet the Tennant Doctor (if we do) and Rose, they’re fighting the Zygons. Who get defeated in the first five minutes, and then we go on to the rest of the story…

If I was a betting man (and I’m not) this is what I’d put my money on. I can also take a guess where we might find them based on some of the pictures in the News section. Since I think the pictures there are as much a spoiler for some members as the spoilers section I wont say more.

Nick

Nick @nick

@blenkinsopthebrave

Well I did read the book more recently than I saw the story itself (once in 1975) I think you might be right now I think about it 🙂 . I do 1/4 recall something about a homing signal being part of the plot so your memory isn’t that bad (assuming you’ve not just planted a false memory !).

Cheers

Nick

WhoHar @whohar

@nick @bluesqueakpip

Zygons for 5 minutes seems to me to make sense.

Shapeshifters are always good for misdirection too.

At this stage I’m not ruling anything out.

Yes, I think you are all correct…the Zygons will be there for “colour” rather than plot.

@whohar

Canada is excellent so far (barring the absurd liquor laws in Ontario–ie, wine shops are a state controlled monopoly, with all the choice and variety that entails).

the weather down here has been fifty shades of shite – they never told me it would be like this

Ah, well, now you know why the publicity to potential immigrants is all beaches and gentle breezes. If people knew what the reality of summer was really like, no one would ever go there. But take heart–it will end soon. Well, next Easter, actually.

When Uncle first raised this possible theory, I said to him but what about that bit in Name of the Doctor:

CLARA: But who is he?

DOCTOR: He’s me. There’s only me here, that’s the point. Now let’s get back.

CLARA: But I never saw that one. I saw all of you. Eleven faces, all of them you. You’re the eleventh Doctor.

DOCTOR: I said he was me. I never said he was the Doctor.

CLARA: I don’t understand.

DOCTOR: Look, my name, my real name, that is not the point. The name I chose is the Doctor. The name you choose, it’s like, it’s like a promise you make. He’s the one who broke the promise.

He just smiled and said he thought that might be Mr Moffat’s trick. To make us think Dr Hurt was an incarnation of the Doctor when he wasn’t.
    He asked me a question: if the Master, say, had stolen the Doctor’s body for a time, as he stole Tremas’ body, then for that time would the Master be the Doctor?
    I said “Yes”.
    And he asked would that mean that that Master version of the Doctor would be in the Track of Tears?
    I said “Yes”.
    Then he asked me: if the Doctor had stolen someone else’s body, for some reason, would that stolen body be in the Track of Tears?
    I could not really understand this. I felt confused.
    Uncle reminded me that Doctor 11 had said:

Bodies are boring. I’ve had loads of them.

@Dr Smith above mentions this point too.
    Uncle said: Imagine if there was a person whose job it was to be “the Doctor” and that person was doing something really wrong or bad or misguided. If our Doctor stole that person’s body to fix things up, and then, for whatever reason, kept that body, would that body be in the Track of Tears?
    I thought the answer to that was “Yes.”
    Then he said he thought Clara’s line was the important one: But I never saw that one.
    I asked him if he meant that Dr Hurt could be the person who was “the Doctor” before our Doctor took over the title and that was why Clara had not seen him.
    And Uncle said something like: Possibly. Or maybe Dr Hurt has just been imprisoned in the Track of Tears, like a time paradox – Dr Eleven sees him there because he later puts him there? We don’t know how much time passes between Clara taking the leaf and her coming to the Doctor. Maybe we are out of order again?
    Then Uncle laughed out loud and said “Who knows?” He always said that when we were discussing bonkers theories.
    He asked me to post these things because he wanted to share them with you. Well, that is what he said. I am not sure if he really believed these theories or whether he just wanted to keep me occupied in a good way.
    He could be tricky like that.
    Thank you for reading this.

Anonymous @

@blenkinsopthebrave @whohar @nick @bluesqueakpip

re: The Zygons.  OK, as shape-shifters they are so deliriously made for bonkers theorising that it’s difficult to hold back.  But it’s quite possible that a Zygon image was made available publicly so early, purely as a MacGuffin.

On that note, I’m leaning toward the argument that they will have little-to-nil effect in the plot of the 50th special.  On the other hand, if Tennant or Hurt play a character inhabited by a Zygon, I’ve got a hat here (a lovely brown bowler bought in Camden Market) and some nice hot English mustard.  And a knife for spreading, at the ready.  😀

Whisht @whisht

Hi @Mini-HTPBDET(s) – its really great hearing from you. You have a great way with words
    (far better than I!).
    I once discussed the track of tears with your uncle (he was right of course!) but I was proud when he said that he liked a small idea I had, saying that (possibly) the HurtDr would be marched into the track by the Doctor. It’s a measure of the respect we have for him that I was so pleased he liked such a small image.

It can be a bit daunting having someone extraordinary like that in your life, but I think you’ll be extraordinary too.

To be honest, by what you’ve said here in a couple of places, you’ve proven you are
    already.

so – lets do some more bonkers theorising!

wolfweed @wolfweed

@mini-htpbdets – I agree with @whisht that your posts are very well written. That last one has really got me thinking.

I’ve got to tell you that I love your avatar too.

Thanks again for sharing.
    z

Oh, Mr @whisht – I apologise.

I should have said that Uncle specifically mentioned your discussion with him when he was talking with me about Dr Hurt being part of a time paradox in the Track of Tears. He really liked your idea and thought about it a lot.

I am sorry to have made that mistake.

And thank you Mr @wolfweed – I wanted an avatar that reflected my Uncle and me and that one seemed best and my Mother and my cousin agreed.

My family has gone away on a little holiday so goodbye to everyone for now and happy theorising.

CraigNixon @craignixon

I think yeah, the Zygons (and Daleks!) will be in the movie, but I think the main enemy will be time itself. There is an official picture released off 10,11 and Hurt in the Tardis together.

Something Hurt did, really bad, but it stopped the destruction of time – or ‘The Moment’ he used to seal the Time War caused ripples that are really, really bad.

But I think they’ll flick through various adventures, Genesis of the Daleks, Terror of Zygons, The Aztecs? Tomb of the Cyberman etc etc etc.

They’ll be sealing ‘The rip of continuity’ ™ while we see the Doctor in that adventure in the background, or a bit of interaction. This allows retrospective, other doctors to appear in some way and we get to nerdgasm

Timeloop @timeloop

Hey guys!

I just found this fan made trailer on youtube and I think it sums up nicely the indicates towards the time war (sorry I have no clue how to not embed it- if somebody has a slow browser) :

It also hints at the Moment. I really think we will see the Moment in the 50th. Ever since I thought of it upstream in post #19155.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 964 total)

The topic ‘The Day of The Doctor – The 50th Anniversary Special’ is closed to new replies.