The Zygon Inversion

Home Forums Episodes The Twelfth Doctor The Zygon Inversion

This topic contains 241 replies, has 60 voices, and was last updated by  Missy 6 months ago.

Viewing 42 posts - 201 through 242 (of 242 total)
  • Author
    blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@whisht

Brilliant!

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@Mudlark- no problem. This remains one of the most civil corners of the internet. I do need to re-watch, I’ve slightly lost track of my own argument… sorry to hear about your back.

Save a rather self-indulgent intro, you might find this on why young men joined ISIS  interesting.

TL;DR – the Doctor nailed it.

bendubz11 @bendubz11

I feel like my faith in humanity has been restored. after the events in Paris my instant thought had been CapDoc’s speech, so on a youtube video of the speech I said something along the lines of how we need to remember talking is the only way to end this, and it has 27 likes.

Anonymous @

@bendubz11 I would love to find my way to that youtube clip?

Good on you! I hope it gets 100s!

bendubz11 @bendubz11

@purofilion Here’s the video! Happy watching!

@bendubz11

I said something along the lines of how we need to remember talking is the only way to end this, and it has 27 likes.

28. In fact 29 now.

Anonymous @

@bendubz11 thank you  and @pedant

I went to the site. I shouldn’t have done thaaaat…..Because there’s some wierded out people -someone called Yesica1993 who believes that the speech is “leftist nonsense and ‘chatting’ with wicked people never works so we should bomb them.”

The example this twat used was the Paris tragedy. I asked her if she’d ever heard of the wars in Afghanistan (even in 1990), the Korean War, as well as the speech by Martin L. King who refers to a night wholly without stars as violence begets violence in a never ending spiral. I think I made the mistake of suggesting she was American (rather silly as there are millions of Americans -quite a few here! who don’t write as she did: “leftist nonsense”) due to the fact she needed to collate things as an infant  -‘right’ ideas over here, and ‘left’ ideas over here: this person (from a show she clearly doesn’t recognise) must be speaking about not blowing people up therefore he is:  a) talking shite and, b) is a leftie. Thus, he’s a wicked idiot and deserves to be blown up too.

Un-believable.

But good on you Mr Bendz. There were, however, lots of good and sensible comments like yours. I saw that Yesica whatever received exactly ‘zero’ -but I couldn’t leave well alone could I? I was a bit sweary because that always helps 🙂

It’s why I avoid youtube or, where possible, never ever go below ‘the line.’ It freaks me out -too many nutters.

gamergirlavatar @gamergirlavatar

This was a great second part to a wonderful story. Clara was very brilliant and was very smart. She was able to put the pieces together very quickly and very well. The Doctor and Osgood made a very good team and Osgood was just as quick as Clara. Peter has proven himself to be a fantastic actor, being emotion into his wonderfully wrote speech. Peter Harness and Moffat wrote the greats speech I have heard in a while, even better than one of Matt Smiths speeches, even though he brought emotion into his speeches as well. Jenna has also proven to be a great actor, or actress. She played a strict evil alien and a companion very well. Season nine really is the best season.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Sorry for being AWOL for the last few days – was very busy then got ill, probably from being very busy!

Anyway, this is great. Frank Skinner (you know, him who was in “Mummy on the Orient Express” last year) discussing this episode (well, a part of it). It starts around 13:45 and is well worth a watch.

birdtomahawk @birdtomahawk

Apologies for posting so many of these on the site but I see a lot of really interesting points about the episode here and would like to contribute a video discussing the reason the anti-war speech was so effective and speculation on how much Steven Moffat had pre-planned in this episode before passing the baton to Peter Harness.

Missy @missy

My goodness, so much to read and too little time.

Please forgive me if this has already been covered and thrashed out.

I couldn’t come to grips with “three Claras?”

The Zygon “Clara” I get. Returning ‘the real Clara’ before opening the ‘boxes’ I get.

Who though, was the Clara who manipulated the Bazooka to bring down the Doctor’s plane and

was questioned by the Clara Zygon in her flat?

Is the Clara back with the Doctor, really Clara, or a Zygon?

Were the boxes really empty? We all know the Doctor lies. – I know you can’t answer that, merely a speculation on my part.

Loved Osgood, it was always my hope that she’d be his next companion.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

So months later,  rewatching in a hurry, and Capaldi’s speech has not lost a single photon of its power. But familiarity lets you admire the scenery a bit and the attention to detail is phenomenal – and Jenna Coleman’s acting as Bonnie is a small masterclass…er…mistress class.

Missy @missy

@pedant

I’ll drink to that .

Cheers,

Missy

KBranagh @kbranagh

I just saw “The Zygon Inversion”
    Damn, it was sublime. 45 minutes gone in a flash.
    Definitely the most political and provoking Who episode in a long time, bravo to Hartness and Moffat! A drama war with a strong and delicate moral thematic, the final speech of the Doctor was pure gold. No longer a series for kids.
    Just a few weeks later in another review i talk about the Capaldi talent and the monologue moment of the Doctor, more and more often used by the writers in the twelve era….now, this, from the ”Zygon Inversion” maybe is not a monologue but yet again a masterpiece performance from the best Doctor ever! Capaldi gets better every weeks, i’m always impressed.
    Also a great performance from Jenna Coleman in “Zygella”(xD) character….and Clara wow, more smart and cleaver in this episode! Now has saved the Doctor even in a telepatic-sleep state. This Doctor and this companion has elevated the series more than ever.

I have a question/curiosity guys, now i’m near to the end! Just 4 ep left.
    “Dark Water” from the season 8 is my favourite Who episode of all time! What should i have to expect from this finale?

TheDentistOfDavros @thedentistofdavros

@kbranagh

i also loved Dark Water but was not to impressed with Death In Heaven (Michelle Gomez was superb though) as for the finale I’m not going to give anything a way but for me personally it was a game of two halves!

@thedentistofdavros

More a game of three thirds 😉

Missy @missy

I have to admit – at risk of being scalped verbally- that there were times when Danny got on my wick!

However, I do enjoy both the above mentioned.

Cheers,

Missy

@pedant
    I keep forgetting about that I suppose you could say a game of three thirds.  What surprised me this year was how each episode would go in an entirely different direction from the last!  This I suppose made it more unpredictable which is a good thing!  I’m sorry to say though that I was impressed with two of the thirds but the other didn’t really do it for me!

Missy @missy

@thedentistofdavros

If you mean, The girl who died, I agree. Nor did I take to The girl who lived.

Cheers,

Missy

@missy I was referring to the series finale there but I too didn’t like the Ashilder two parter, for me it was the weakest story of the series but then again I am yet to rewatch sleep no more which I wasn’t keen on the first time I saw it!

Under the Lake-Before The Flood has to be the highlight of the series and I liked the second part of the dalek opener and Heaven Sent was sensational! The Zygon two parter was good and I enjoyed Face the Raven as well!

KBranagh @kbranagh

thank you all guys!
    Now, i can’t wait for the last episodes! This season is too good for now.

Missy @missy

@thedentistofdavros

It would be quicker for me to name the episodes I wasn’t keen on.

The girl who died/the girl who lived and sleep no more.

I’ve seen both of them twice, and still aren’t keen.

Missy

@missy Yeah good point and it’s always a good sign if it takes longer to write out the good ones! I think series 3, 5 and 8 are the only other ones from the new series that I can think of. Possibly series 1 as well!

dailyboother @dailyboother

Check out dailyboother.com a new social media web site.

dailyboother @dailyboother

Please go to dailyboother.com and like the Dr. Who video posts I posted. I have some haters that are trying to dislike and I need you fellow fans to support. Thanks for your help…!

Anonymous @

A bit random, but I just want to talk about the Doctor’s amazing anti-war speech in this episode. I’m close tears every time I rewatch it. I hope to see more of this side of 12 in season (or series) 10.

Missy @missy

@d-i-yana

Superb isn’t, as is Peter Capaldi.
    He manages to transmit all the pain and anguish he has had to live with for centuries.
    Of course, he has forgotten that he actually saved Gallifrey – or has he?

Cheers,

Missy

Anonymous @

@missy

Yes. How much does he remember about Gallifrey, I wonder?

Amazing how Capaldi can visibly express how much pain the Doctor has suffered through, not only losing his entire planet, but also all of the people who have lost their lives for him. A quote that seems to stick in my mind said by Davros is, “How many have died in your name, Doctor?”

Missy @missy

@d-i-yana

He is extremely good at showing emotion. Yes, that’s quite a ine isn’t it. All the more powerful because it’s true.

cheers,

Missy

MissRori @missrori

Ooooooo, that speech!  Much as I love Doctor Who, and as moving as so many of Twelve’s episodes have been that’s the one scene that well and truly reduced me to tears when I first saw it.  I should watch it every day, but I don’t.  😉

(Also, Bonnie the Zygon was my personal favorite of the Series 9 villains, not counting ones who were previously established such as Davros, Missy, et.al.  And even then, she ranks pretty high.)

Missy @missy

@missrori

Me too, that the the hand kissing in “The Raven”. I literally had tears running down my cheeks, in the latter.

Missy

amitgupta10294 @amitgupta10294

Send Best Rakhi Puja Thali Online to Elate Your Brother this Raksha Bandhan

Online rakhi delivery in delhi

Online rakhi delivery in kolkata

Online rakhi delivery in jaipur

Fests are usually finest enjoyed, any time all of the rituals as well as customs tend to be executed inside. In a similar, Rakhi is just not restricted to glowing along with metallic twine a normal puja thali comprising involving tilak is usually one more primary element of Raksha Bandhan party. In case most of us be put into customs, Rakhi is the festivity where sisters worship their particular close friend and also wish to help our god for his or her endurance. With no praise can be performed devoid of arti in addition to tilak.

To the far-away sisters, who wish to get a crammed give of the bro having elegant Rakhi, mailing Rakhi on it’s own just isn’t the whole obligation. If a stunning thali containing associated with roli and also chawal, as well as few puddings next solely you possibly can direct the item as a comprehensive Raksha Bandhan bundle. Sisters usually would like to gift the best for their bros that’s why many people expend time long out there in order to pick a best Rakhi thread. Consequently in the event Rakhi can be high quality you could start to this arti thali.

To be able to celebrate the actual mirth along with merriment in the festivity within an top notch approach, why don’t you pick a top quality Rakhi thali. Reasonably limited thali will be rock craved to maintain the actual style with the celebration. You will find every one of the necessary items with regard to puja from it, beginning with roli, chawal, chandan, quality branches for you to alarms each factor will likely be inside it solely. A premium thali won’t loom lovely although will certainly provide the many responsibilities with the rituals and practices.

Mersey @mersey

Is Steven Moffat a supporter of Jeremy Corbyn?

Missy @missy

@mersey

What makes you ask? I googled him and saw that he’s a politican?

Missy

Mersey @mersey

I’ve never rated these two episodes very highly. I’ve rather considered them as superficial and childish. But there’s no point in denying that Doctor Who has always been rather politicised and leftie and those two episodes are very leftie.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the British Labour Party lately because of the turmoil in their ranks. And that made me think that this Doctor’s attitude to sit down and talk some very serious and delicate matters through reminds me Jeremy Corbyn’s policy. He’s the controversial Labour Party leader who called talk to people from such organizations as Hezbollah which for many is the terrorist organization (EU recognizes Hezbollah’s political wing as a party and military wing as a terrorist organization) or Sinn Féin before the peace process. That’s all.

Missy @missy

@mersey Got you.  thanks.

Missy

winston @winston

@missrori  @missy    I agree with you both on the forceful words the Doctor has for the Zygons and humans in this episode. It must have been the wind but I had a few tears in my eyes during his impassioned speech. A superb  2 parter and one of my favourites. I wish we would all listen to the Doctor.

Missy @missy

@winston

Some of the best acting I’ve seen on DW. It was very stirring.

Missy

Missy @missy

I’ve been meaning to mention this, but it kept slipping my mind. Did any of you spot the picture of William Hatnell on the door of the safe where Bonnie kept the computer?

Of course you did, just checking. *big grin*

Missy

Kharis @kharis

@missy I noticed.  (:

Missy @missy

Very quick wasn’t it.

Missy

Viewing 42 posts - 201 through 242 (of 242 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.