On The Sofa (5)

Home Forums General On The Sofa (5)

This topic contains 998 replies, has 140 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 999 total)
  • Author
    midnyt @midnyt

@phaseshift

Thanks for the info.

janetteB @janetteb

@midnyt good point. I will cross fingers and toes for a one off special then or lots of minisodes.

Cheers

Janette

Apopheniac @apopheniac

Hello.  Im Apopheniac (see apophenia), seemed OK for a Dr Who forum name.

I hate spoilers and too many sites tell all about whats coming up in this series.  This site layout seems to solve that.  I know tonights ep is about Robin Hood and I didnt want to know that, but boo hoo its out there everywhere.  I hope I can watch each new ep with a clean slate and discuss them with people who like to find the patterns and connections in seemingly random things.  🙂

Anonymous @

@larryblooper – Welcome to the forum.

I’ve moved your post to the Spoilers thread as I’m sure you’ll appreciate, some of our members don’t like to read any information regarding up-coming episodes.

In future, can you post any articles that reveal plot and/or character details on the Spoilers thread.

Thanks.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Welcome, @apopheniac
    That is a very cool (and appropriate) name.
    z

SaraOswald101 @saraoswald101

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500"]Doctor Who wallpaper My current wallpaper.[/caption]

Hello 🙂

Under the title in the Home page it says to come by here and say hello, so here I am.

I am a bit of a presentation freak so let’s do this thing !

My name is Sara.

I speak french (from Canada) so excuse my English :$

My favorite Doctor(s) are the War Doctor and Eleven.

I am currently catching up on the Classic Who, since I’m a ”New whovian” ( a few months only).

Today I went to the store and a bought a TARDIS pajama pants and a TARDIS/british flag T-shirt. (just sayin’)

I love reading and writing fanfictions.

I suck at theory.

My favorite companions are Amy and Clara.

My all time favorite character is CAPTAIN JACK HARCKNESS. (Yes, I do understand how silly that is.)

I’d really to have a whovian friend that would do fanfic collaboration with me (anyone?)

So yeah, that’s about it.

Feel free that say hi back. I’m friendly too.

-SaraOswald101

Whisht @whisht

Hi @apopheniac – great name, though the patterns we bonkerise are there!
    😉

Hi @saraoswald101 – great introduction! Hope you find this place somewhere fun and friendly.
    And I’m sure you don’t really “suck at theory” if you also write fanfiction – bonkers theories are kinda like really really short stories!

🙂

wolfweed @wolfweed

So I’m getting the impression that this boxset doesn’t have the alternative scenes from ‘Time of the Doctor’ where Matt Smith got his leg blown off. I’m very disappointed if that’s the case. I also hope it’s got the full version of the Prom… Can anyone confirm?

z

At least it has the DOTD Comic Con Trailer (still not seen that yet!)

Apopheniac @apopheniac

Hello @whisht

I said “Seemingly” Random.  😉  And I like the “Theories more insane than whats actually happening” on the front page.

Hello @saraoswald101

I wonder if theres an archive of introductions.  Yours is very well done.  I wish I could erase mine and start over.

Im someone who was on the verge of giving up with DW sites because I dont want to know anything in advance.  But I dont mind discussing each weeks ep in detail and I learn a lot from other peoples musing.  I hope its the same here.  But without the boring comments “I hate this, how can you watch it, its for kids, grow up, its been terrible since the 1980s” etc.

I speak English as a native language but my apostrophe key is broken.  The @ works but using that key without shift does nothing most of the time.  I have no idea why.  I automatically type it and 99% of the time it doesnt show up.  Must-get-new-computer.

I started watching DW in the middle of Tenants reign.  After a year or so I starting watching earlier Doctors.  I don’t know if I have a favourite, but I really dont like Colin Baker.  Each other Doctor has interesting quirks.  What little Ive seen has made me study Peter Capaldis interpretation closely, it looks like hes incorporating tics of many previous Doctors in his acting.  For example, he was very Matt Smith-y in Deep Breath but that faded by the end of that ep.  Id like him to get over his rudeness (Hartnell) and imperiosity (Pertwee) and lean a bit toward the avuncular (Troughton), with a bit of madcap glee (Tom Baker, who could also be rude and imperious).

My favourite companion was Donna Noble.  Zoe in the earlier series (the few eps Ive seen) was know-it-all and annoying and I saw one story with Mel and that was enough.  Clara seems sort of like an improvement on Peri, theyre both pretty but modern writing sensibilities give Clara more to do and be.  Perhaps a bit more like Ace, but older and wiser too.

Im hoping Danny Pink is more than an ex-soldier here to teach the Doctor that military training isnt something totally useless in how he saves the world.  And more than a love interest for Clara.

Well done anyone who made it this far!

Whisht @whisht

Hi @apopheniac – he he – ‘seemingly random’ – if you asked anyone on this forum they’d give you staggeringly good answers if you showed them some Rorshach blots!

😉

And I’m with you on not even looking at the ‘Coming next week’ to avoid spoilery stuff!

Apopheniac @apopheniac

How long does that “edit” feature work?

I wanted to amend my earlier re-introduction because I forgot the fragrant Sarah Jane Smith as a favourite companion.  Ive only seen two of her stories in DW but Ive seen all of the CBBC programmes. (I’m only a wee bit older than the demographic, honest)

… [edit / add]

hooyah!  An apostrophe showed up.

Hello @whisht

Rorshachs are so last century.  Im into the really retro pastime of cloud patterns.  Just today I saw a giant snail eating a fox.  The clouds were moving slowly and the snails head actually smothered the foxs ear.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@apopheniac – 5 minutes to edit…

Cloudwatching is cool…

Whoville @whoville

Just saying hi. Looks like a great board.

markymoomoo @markymoomoo

Afternoon lovely people. I’ve come across from another forum. The negativity over there was getting too much for me to put up with any longer – so I thought I’d give this forum a go instead. I don’t mind a bit of constructive criticism, but it was getting beyond a joke and there seemed to be competitions on who could diss Doctor Who the best 🙂

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@markymoomoo

Welcome to the team! Hope you enjoy the site. We’ve had a couple of angry Moff-rage posters over the last couple of weeks, but I think we’ve taken a zero tolerance policy to unconstructive criticism.

They weren’t half annoyed.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

A request, if I may, to those people who are so good at searching things out on t’internet.

I’m working on a blog, and I was wondering if anyone had come across an easily digestible webpage/spreadsheet/database with the video classifications for Doctor Who. You know the kind of thing – Deadly Assassin, rated PG for video release, etc.

I was hoping someone had done the heavy lifting for me, and so if anyone has come across something I’d appreciate a link.

Anonymous @

@phaseshift – Is this the sort of thing you’re after?

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/search/releases/doctor%2Bwho

@whoville @markymoomoo (Briliant user-name 🙂 ) – Welcome. Yes, we’re relatively troll free. Any that do manage to get past our tame Dalek are dealt with swiftly 🙂

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@fatmaninabox

You, my friend, are both a gentleman and a scholar.

markymoomoo @markymoomoo

FatManInABox and PhaseShift

Thank you both for the welcome. Trolls are interesting things – I always do my best never to feed them… 🙂

Anonymous @

@phaseshift

A gentleman? Hmm, maybe but a scholar? Not really, unless this counts 😉

wolfweed @wolfweed

Okay, so no Dr 11 getting his leg blown off scenes in the 50th Anniversary Boxset… Grrr!!!
    z
    Warning – Links on this page might change…
    Deleted Scene, Cinema Intros & Trailers:
    http://tardisarchives.com/2014/09/05/50th/
    Also in HMV today I think there was a complete 11th Dr boxset… There was definitely the new Capaldi Calendar!
    The Deep Breath DVDs are postponed til next week (they’re probably hurriedly editing out ‘that kiss’ and the hair-pulling!)

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@fatmaninabox

but a scholar? Not really

You’re too modest. As I’m spending most evenings observing the noctural habits of small, furry (and endangered) animals, I’m relying on a small bird (Owl called Errol) to inform me otherwise.

Congratulations on your result! You have an ‘ology!

Mudlark @mudlark

As I said in my initial post on the Robot of Sherwood thread, I have been lurking here for a long time, and whether or not it turns out that I have much to contribute, it seems only polite that I should sign up to thank all of you who have kept me entertained, informed and enlightened in all things Who, bonkers theories included.

Although I have been watching the show since almost the very beginning, my memories of BG Who are for the most part of a fairly general kind and, until recently, I had never re-watched any of it.  One reason may be that on 23 November 1963 I had just celebrated my 21st birthday and was in my second year at university, so I never had the privilege of watching as a child; the equivalent for me was ‘Journey into Space’ on the wireless and, later on, when my family finally acquired a television set,  ‘Quatermass and the Pit’, and those I remember in some detail.  Early impressions endure.

I missed the earliest Hartnell episodes entirely because, although the romantic garret I shared with two fellow students benefited, as an estate agent might say, from a prime central location and spectacular views over the Firth of Forth, not to mention  hot and cold running mice and the occasional hole in the floorboards to trap the unwary, the eclectic assortment of antique furniture* did not include a television set.  Nor, for that matter, did the less romantic basement flat I occupied during the following two years. The first I heard of the programme was when one of my flatmates, whose parents lived close enough for her to go home at weekends, started burbling about Daleks.   This was sufficiently intriguing for me to look out for it when I was next home for the Christmas vacation, and I found it sufficiently imaginative and well written to continue watching whenever I had the opportunity.

During the later sixties I was leading a somewhat peripatetic existence while I gathered material for a post-graduate thesis, but for at least six months of the year I was based at home with my parents, so was able to watch on a more regular basis.  I remember my father coming into the room on one occasion when I was watching and I, perhaps feeling that I needed to justify watching what was regarded as primarily a children’s programme, remarked that I preferred it to Star Trek.  He replied that this was understandable, since it was much better than Star Trek – which surprised me, because he had no interest in SF or Fantasy as a rule.

Probably my most sustained period of watching BG Who was during the Tom Baker and Peter Davison years, but I rapidly gave up once CB took over.  The news that Sylvester McCoy had taken over the role tempted my to have another look, but it was, I think, The Happiness Patrol – the one with the Bertie Basset monster, anyway – and I decided that this was no longer for me.  Nevertheless, when the show was revived I did not hesitate to plunge in once more, and I have been firmly hooked ever since.

I am not sure how useful I can be at producing bonkers theories: by background is academic and so my first instinct when formulating hypotheses or theories is to reach for Occam’s Razor, but I will do my best.

*  The landlady was addicted to salerooms

Anonymous @

@saraoswald101

I am very intrigued by the whole ”Promised Land” and ”Missy from Heaven” mystery. I might try to come up with a theory later on :x

Those are my two favorite topics also.  I just wanted to say hello to you.  You are a very good writer, I’m sure I will sound like I eat chalk now, compared to you.   

My favorite Capt. Jack line is, “Ladies, I think your ratings just went up 🙂 . ”

Have you decided if Promised Land is a Real or Virtual place yet?   I would be interested in hearing your answer to that and any reasons to back it up if you decide to post a theory.  

I have my Missy theory posted under Anonymous at the moment and  I am set on virtual place right now.   Please don’t run away if you see my theory? It is only a theory… I can get a new one. 

Welcome to the DWForum,

Barnable 

Mudlark @mudlark

@purofilion  Thank you for the welcome.  I am responding to you here rather than on the RoS thread, since we have veered a bit off topic.

Your reference to me as an ‘academic’ in your first paragraph suggests that I may have given people a somewhat inflated impression of my status.  I do have a doctorate, for what it is worth, but to me the title academic implies someone who teaches and does research in a university.  What I meant by ‘academic background’ was that throughout my career a good deal of my work required the application of analytical skills and academic rigour; and yes, a certain amount of original research was involved.  All it means is that I remained at the pointy end of the profession.

You mentioned Quatermass:  I read the discussions on the successive episodes with great interest and found the technical details provided by @bluesqueakpip particularly fascinating.  And yes, I was tempted to join in, especially when people wondered how the people who watched the original broadcasts felt.  I discussed this with my brother a while back, after I had bought the DVD and we had the opportunity to view it again.  He thought it would be impossible for later generations who had grown up with television as a part of their lives from the beginning to understand fully the impact it had on us.  As little as six years prior to that first broadcast only a fairly small minority of households had possessed television sets, and those mostly in the London area and South East England. In other regions  there was little point, since reception was poor to non-existent. We had acquired our first set in 1957 and this was way beyond anything we had seen or imagined previously.  It was utterly gripping – must-see television on a scale unimaginable in these days of myriad channels. The moment when the Martians were revealed and one slipped in the webbing was heart stopping, and I can recall vividly the feeling of horror at the sight of the undulating gravel at the end of episode 4.  As for the meaning of the story in relation to contemporary issues, I can only say that I was in my mid teens and certainly grasped the broader implications.

The White Queen was a BBC drama based on three novels by Philippa Gregory about the Wars of the Roses (or Cousins’ War).  The White Queen of the title refers to Elizabeth Woodville, but Margaret Beaufort and Anne Neville were also central characters.  One critic on the Independent newspaper wrote that you would get a better idea of medieval life, politics and warfare from Game of Thrones than from this, so to be avoided unless you enjoy cheesy historical fiction.  I gave up half way through the first episode.

I have to confess that I would be unable to contribute anything useful to the Music forum.  Although I used to enjoy singing when I was young, music has never been a major part of my life and my knowledge could be summed up as ‘I don’t know much about music but I know what I like when I hear it’.  I am rather better educated in the visual arts.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

Morning all. Just popping my head around the door before I trawl out to say I’m unspeakably excited for tomorrow.

As we read loads of pish comments on various forums, here is some pause for thought. Pity the poor BBC complaints interface people, who are required to register the details of every deranged complaint in their extensive logs. Imagine that as a job?

Buzzfeed put up a little article that makes sobering reading with a short extract, which includes old favourites like “I’m not a homophobe, but…”, “Confusing”, allegations of promoting “Bestiality” (between two consenting sentient species, no less) and Sexism. My favourite though is the thought that SM is promoting religion through mentions of a promised land. I think you have to marvel at that person for not realising that, whatever this turns out to be, it won’t be that promised land, and it rather depends on who is making the promise.

Here it is.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@phaseshift

All the bottom complaint is missing is ‘Because people are apes & men are monkeys, I’m surprised you didn’t add that ginger people are orangutans?’…..
    z

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/sep/11/doctor-who-peter-capaldi-american-fans-scottish-accent

Shouldn’t this be ‘Fast mumbling continues to not be understood by everyone’…?

Anonymous @

@wolfweed – From that Guardian article

Glasgow-born Capaldi is the 12th actor to play the last of the Time Lords, and while he’s not the first Scotsman in the role (David Tennant is also Scottish), he is the first to use his Glaswegian accent.

They really need to do some proper research. Or did I dream Sylvester McCoy 😕

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@fatmaninabox – Sylvester is a Highlander, not a Glaswegian!

Only just – but Dunoon is the other side of the Firth of Clyde from Glasgow; about an hours drive and a trip on the ferry.

Whisht @whisht

@bluesqueakpip – I hope you’re not suggesting Highlanders are getting a separate vote next week…?

😉

@whisht – well, they’re tallying district by district, so regional variations could get … interesting. 😈

Technically, however, Capaldi is the first to use his native Glaswegian accent. He’s the second to use his native Scottish accent. And the third Scot.

Which is, I suspect, where this constant meme got started; somebody said ‘first Glaswegian’ and everyone’s reading it as ‘first Scottish’.

He’s also the official Twelfth Doctor, the actual Thirteenth Doctor, and the fourteenth actor to play the part on television. No wonder he needs a chalkboard to work out the maths. 😀

Apopheniac @apopheniac

Hello @wolfweed

Im not sure anyone can trump an orangutan in a bikini top, with a cape and pleated satin trousers (not to mention that quite obvious posture of — (Hello, Im Here, and Wondrously Outre, and You are Less than the Shadow of My Fabulous Manhood), — but —

Orangutans with spoons are still to be found in a family-friendly image world.

Orangutan with wooden spoon

Although this is my personal Fail at not being able to best your image.

Prostrate Orangutan

wolfweed @wolfweed

@apopheniac
    That prostate is ‘a terrible idea for a proctologist’…..

z

Apopheniac @apopheniac
    imrustyokay @imrustyokay

PLOT TWIST: What if Jenny Flint is actually Jenny from “The Doctor’s Daughter” and hasn’t found her fob watch yet.

Anonymous @

@bluesqueakpip

It’s not the first to use his native Glaswegian accent‘ that I had the problem with (as it’s true). What irritated me was he’s not the first Scotsman in the role (David Tennant is also Scottish)‘ which, to me, implies that DT was the first Scottish actor to play The Doctor 😕

To be honest, I’ve noticed that since PC took over the role there have been plenty of articles – not just in The Guardian – that also seem to overlook S McC.

I haven’t yet seen any 7th Doctor stories but have heard plenty of Big Finish stories and I quite like Sylvester’s take on the role. What does everyone else think? Are the press being unfair in overlooking poor Sylvester, or was his performance genuinely ‘forgettable’?

Arkleseizure @arkleseizure

I’ve just learned that Jane Baker (wife of Pip, but no relation to Colin or Tom) passed away recently. Very sad to hear. I loved the Vervoid segment of the Trial, and I was a fan of their kids’ show Watt on Earth. My sympathies to Pip.

There’s nothing you can do to prevent the catharsis of spurious morality!

Thanks Jane. RIP.

Arkleseizure @arkleseizure

@fatmaninabox: That irritated me, too. There seems to be a determination among some elements of the press, even now, to act as if the eighties never happened in Doctor Who. Sylvester was excellent in the role, other than his first few episodes where he was trying an unsuccessful first version of his doctor. He quickly worked up to the Doctor of classics like Remembrance of the Daleks, the Greatest Show in the Galaxy and the Curse of Fenric, among others. The problem was that the BBC had deliberately put Doctor Who in a graveyard slot against Coronation Street so that hardly anybody saw it. Hence the tendency for the press to ignore Sylvester. Forget that: he was great.

@fatmaninabox – carelessness, I think. I’m sure the non-fan reporters have seen pictures of all the BG Doctors, but I bet they’d have to look them up to be able to name anybody but ‘William Hartnell’ and ‘Tom Baker’.

A thirty year old reporter would’ve been five when the BG series went off-air. At that age, if your Mum wants to watch Coronation Street, you watch Coronation street. One of the BG Doctors was Scottish? Really?

As @arkleseizure says, Sylvester was excellent, after a very ropey start. In fact, he’s ‘my’ Doctor, even though Jon Pertwee was my first Doctor. 😉

janetteB @janetteb

Have just returned from the weekly shop and am very excited because… our local supermarket now stocks Jammy Dodgers. The real item or as I commented to the boys, “the real McCoy” so tomorrow night they can munch real Jammy Dodgers not the rather poor Aussie substitute while watching Dr Who. I guess it makes up for no longer being able to buy English Jelly Babies locally.

Cheers

Janette

Anonymous @

@janetteb is that Mr Coles or Mr Woolworths or Mrs Aldi?  Or a little independent? Enjoy tomorrow night! Puro-diddles.

janetteB @janetteb

Coles. I was very surprised but it seems they now have a very small shelf of British imports. I expect most stores will now be stocking them so would be worth a look. 🙂

Cheers

Janette

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@fatmaninabox @arkleseizure

Yes – the good stuff in the eighties does tend to get ignored by journalists in favour of the bad. I can remember posting an excellent written interview with him on the Faces strand (which @whisht certainly enjoyed) where he starts off by asking the writer about an editorial in the Radio Times. It was when Matt Smith started and said “..he’s no Sylvester McCoy.” It obviously preys on his mind a little. It’s here if you’re interested.

As such I’m in the mood to be boisterous and start the campaign for our Sylvester McCoy episode early!

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

Roll up, Roll up!

Laydeeeeeees, Gentlemennn’s, Non-gender specific lifeformsssssss! We crave your attention!

We have been gradually filling in the blanks on the history of this most marvellous show gradually, and at the rate that nature (or the BBC anyway) intended – an episode a week.

Earlier this year we took a group vote on an episode for Doctors 1-6, before taking a break for this new series. Just look at those choices people. There are some fine slices of Who goodness in there. When it is concluded, we will begin with Doctor 7, who will fill those weeks between the end of series eight, and the Doctor Who Christmas Special.

But which episode? That’s entirely up to you! Last year we covered Ghost Light, a story almost guaranteed to divide the audience. This year I have collated mentions of Doctor 7 stories that have surfaced, and you can vote for one of them, or nominate something completely different.

So Sylvester McCoy – the Seventh Doctor. The FIRST Scottish Doctor. The STAR (cough) of The Hobbit movies. A man who could hammer a nail into his head for a laugh (I have the video evidence). Which episode is it to be?

The ones I have noted are:

Story (Episodes) Notes
    Remembrance of the Daleks (4 x 25 minute ) Thrills! Spills! The First Scottish Doctor visits Coal Hill School, which may become a thing! Yes, it’s the unofficial 25th anniversary episode with more Time Lord artefacts, floating Daleks, explosions and random genocide than you can shake a question mark brolly at.
    The Greatest Show in the Galaxy (4 x 25 minute) Thrills! Spills! Circus Entertainment! The First Scottish Doctor investigates a mysterious Psychic Circus. It’s a monumental opportunity to show off his incredible vaudevillian skills, and a marvellous opportunity to roll some “Rs”.
    The Curse of Fenric (4 x 25minute) Thrills! Spills! Vampires! The First Scottish Doctor guides Ace towards a revelation and battles old Norse Legends. Its spin on the nature of belief would lead inevitably to Eleven’s God Complex. It is, as they say, a corker. Almost the defining McCoy episode.
    Survival (3 x 25 minute) Thrills! Spills! Cats!! The Doctor, and the BG years meet their Rrragnarrrock in the final serial before the Gap. The First Scottish Doctor returns Ace to her home, but all her friends are missing. The final in the Ace Trilogy (after Ghost Light and The Curse of Fenric).

But anything goes. Except Ghost Light again, obviously. That would be silly.

If you would care to nominate your choice for the story featuring the First Scottish Doctor, I shall collate them over the coming weeks.

I thank you.

janetteB @janetteb

I would have to vote for Curse of Fenric which was the fist McCoy story I ever saw. (Mercifully I missed all the Mel episodes) with Survival as a runner up. I haven’t got along too well with Revelation of the Daleks. Maybe it was just my mood at the time but I switched off after about ten minutes. It always seemed to me that McCoy really didn’t get the quality of script that he deserved but perhaps I just haven’t watched enough of his stories.

Cheers

Janette

Anonymous @

I would like to vote for The Curse of Fenric with The Greatest Show in the Galaxy second, as I love vaudeville  and it reminds me of an episode in an American children’s show called Lost in Space (’70s)!

Kindest,

purofilion

Curse of Fenric. 🙂

Greatest Show in the Galaxy if you insist, because I can wax lyrical about the production problems. [Short version – they had to film it in a tent in the car park].

janetteB @janetteb

@phaseshift, thanks for the link to the Sylvester McCoy interview. Very long and well worth the time required to read. By the time he took on the role I had stopped watching Dr Who. I was at Uni and didn’t really watch any TV much by then so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw an episode of a McCoy story, I think it was part one of Curse of Fenric.

I am looking foward to watching the McCoy story as I think the only one I have watched in entirety is Survival. When Dr Who was repeated in Oz in 2005 &6 the final episode of Survival aired about two nights before we left the country and we had to attend a farewell dinner. The boys were furious because, despite all the moving about at that time, they had managed to keep up with Dr Who. They did not forgive us until, on our return to Australia fourteen months later, we got a copy of Survival for them so they could watch the final episode.

Cheers

Janette

Arbutus @arbutus

I would say that, back in the day, McCoy was tied with Pertwee for second place in my heart after Tom Baker. I didn’t even mind the first season goofy version, but the character really came together from his second season. I am going to vote against the trend and put GSitG first, and CoF second on my preferential ballot, just because it’s an unusual kind of story and really shows McCoy at his best. As I recall it, Fenric is a little more Ace-centred. And the Gods of Ragnarok came up recently in regard to Missy! But really, all of the suggested episodes are terrific.

(Boy, that took way too long to write. Up too early with a stuffy head, and more tea will be required to shake off the clouds!)

Whisht @whisht

In terms of McCoy I think I’d probably stopped watching by then (or at least regularly).
    I have a dim memory, but the previous regeneration had probably done its damage.

In terms of which episode we watch I’m happy with any of them but lets not let that stop me voting(!), so:

I vote for the “Curse of Fenric” because:

a) its got “Curse” in the title and that’s very horror-y
    b) its got “Fenric” in the title and that’s very myth-y
    c) its got “of” in the title and that’s very possessive and ‘mine’

Also we watched Ghostlight so if this is he next in a trilogy of sorts then that helps with the completist in me!

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 999 total)

The topic ‘On The Sofa (5)’ is closed to new replies.