Spoilers (4)

Home Forums General Spoilers (4)

This topic contains 159 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  winston 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    Craig @craig
    Emperor

@bluesqueakpip @nerys and @mudlark

I was holding off posting this but I’m afraid that The Mirror is reporting it is the Daleks. And they’ve had a “makeover”. Let’s hope it’s good.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-new-year-special-13698163

@nerys @mudlark @bluesqueakpip

I was much the same with The Master, which led to a really unworthy thought when Roger Delgado died. In my defence, I was 9 or 10.

If I were a gambling chap (I occasionally bet, but never gamble) I would slap my cash down on The Sontarans.

But part of me still wants it to be The Quarks.

@craig

Worth noting that The Mirror’s record is not good…

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@pedant

Yeah, that’s why I said “The Mirror is reporting…” I know they are well dodgy.

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@craig

There are moments when I think the Nation Estate really does have a contract that says the pepperpots have to be in every series. 😈

Dunno, though. Even if the Daleks are making an appearance, and even if they do have time travel, where have they been buried since the 9th Century? Leftovers from the Pandorica and Stonehenge?

Zarbi would be fun.

thane16 @thane16

@pedant

Whats a ‘quark’?

Isn’t it a small sub-atomic particle? I wasn’t aware it was a monster!

The only quark I’m familiar with (and I’m not tagging mudlark because its the spoilers & I do not know if she is on those spoiler or Approved Spoilers pages – and I am also betting Miss Mudlark would know of it) is quark cheese.

Every time around now Mum buys it and makes fruit dumplings. She’s been making them for years and they are a Czech or Slovak speciality I might mention that in/on The Sofa or The Kebab.

Also @nerys I was reading your last few comments in relation to the last couple of episodes and they are really spot on. They’ve helped me understand how the characters have grown. @bluesqueakpip I was really interested in your opinions about how the theme or arc wasn’t a “proper” villain but it was the companions, and us, along for the ride, understanding the various definitions of “grace” which, at this embattled (?) time was a good thing of Chibnal’s to do?

I expect the comments on various youtube fascist channels it’s all hate, all the time. First @nerys mentioned they hated Capaldi, they despised Clara after the first season -maybe because they dislike good looking girls? I don’t think many people hated the actor who played Amy or even Rory? Those who hated Moffat are actually (according to a mate who scours youtube when he’s feeling twitchy) wanting him “back.”

In the end, no-one’s happy ALL of the time. I think it was probably like this in 2005 -Mum and I didn’t even know there was a show! In 2004 ( iwas waay too young to remember) Mum was touring Cardiff and stumbled onto a set -sort of. There were lots of people watching and you could see actors and cameras and those Director Chairs everywhere.

The following year she didn’t even see the first two episodes, basically because she was tired but also because she said it looked “all too new and expensive and where are the corridors and creepy things?” She later binged watched the entire series on DVD and loved it -there was some rackety episodes but the one with “Are you my Mummy?” was the one which got her hooked.

Back then, if she’d wanted to vent her spleen after one or 2 eps she would have. On the net, doing the exact thing she now knows is “dribbly whinging.” Particularly when you’ve seen 1 or three eps and people on social media are quick to say, “we need people to make the decision to fire the writers, remove the showrunner, get rid of the brown people, stop the social messaging and remove the Doctor as a woman because women can’t be doctors.”

As if the WHOLE world stops because the Doctor’s a woman (finally) and the Master is also! I don’t understand those people. Also  why are they called conservatives? If they’re trying to radicalise television by stopping people like Tosin Cole, or saying “women shouldn’t be in the role as the Doctor” -I don’t see that as conservative. It seems the opposite to me? Is that true at all?

I should probably put that question in the Pub for others who know way more than me in this area 🙂

Thank you. Thane.

ichabod @ichabod

@thane16  Those who hated Moffat are actually (according to a mate who scours youtube when he’s feeling twitchy) wanting him “back.”

Holy crapolli, didn’t I say so?!  I did.  But you don’t need a crystal ball to see it coming — isn’t it always like that after a hand-off?  Speaking for myself, I don’t actually long for Moffat to come back — I think he got to do his thing and was more than ready to go.  Chibnal isn’t a bad writer — I would just like to see a better Chibnal writing and running DW.  But we don’t always get what we wa-anttt . . . So maybe this is what DW needs?  Sometimes?

Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

@thane16 you don’t know who the quark’s were oh dear oh dear now I do really feel old. You have to go way back to the Troughton era to revisit them. Fortunately I am not quite old enough to have seen the original airing of the story but do remember a rerun the Beeb did though on BBC 2  in the Dominators story

nerys @nerys

@thane16 “Are you my mummy?/Everybody lives!” (“The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances”) was the two-parter that got me hooked. And then “Midnight” reeled me in once again. I was so convinced that no one could top Tennant’s Doctor that I avoided watching the Matt Smith era for quite a while. We were channel-flipping one day and came upon an episode (I think it was “The Pandorica Opens”), watched it and quite enjoyed it. So then at some point I binge-watched on Netflix to catch up. Lesson learned. Prejudice deprives us of good stuff!

winston @winston

@craig  I will be interested to see the 13th Doctors reaction to and handling of the Daleks. I have watched all the Doctors  deal with those angry little exterminators in their own unique way and I wonder how the new Doctor will do it.

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.