The Faces of the Doctor (2)

Home Forums General The Faces of the Doctor (2)

This topic contains 74 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  BetaOHO 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    ichabod @ichabod

@davidwho  — Oh, I don’t forget the eyebrows!  I treasure the memory.  Thanks for congrats on making it to 82 — I forget about it a lot of the time, but then I have to get up and walk somewhere . . . and boy, do I remember!  The Doctor is very old; I can relate!

@mudlark — thanks for the reminder about birthdays!  Libras are the best, especially with a little touch of Scorpio, for passion and depth, don’t you think?  Do hang in there, because better days may be coming once this dreary little glitch is over and done with.

@missy — What, you’re OLDER than ancient me?!  I’m all affronted and stuff!  I’m still hoping for a female Doctor written by a decent writer, which could make all the difference.  She could be a mature woman of authority and warmth, or a ditzy young thing “afflicted” by crying jags and fits of rage she can’t account for at first (all those past  losses), or a Druidic crone like Granny Weatherwax, or anything else — just not this gibbering hysteric we’re stuck with at the moment.  We’ve had a worst choice now, so, time for a better one — male or female or androgynous or what not — but with seriously bright and devoted writers, please please please.

Though my heart belongs to CapDoc, come what may.  I got the Doctor I needed, right when I needed him most; as many fans before me have said of the many different Doctors.

Dentarthurdent @dentarthurdent

Wow, this thread is full of – old people! Yet you all seem perfectly normal to me. 🙂 Gives me hope for the future. In case anyone was wondering, I’m 74 and I’ve got used to being prehistoric compared with most people I meet. I can remember steam railway engines that weren’t actually preserved.

@ichabod, I do agree with you about the Doctor. Capaldi was the best ever, both the acting and the writing, I just can’t imagine anyone doing the Doctor better than he did. Which is not to say that a different Doctor couldn’t be good.
    As for a female Doctor, I was quite open to the idea, but I’m afraid JW, as written by Chibnall, very isn’t it. Oh, and with a Tardis that didn’t look like a neolithic sex toy.

ichabod @ichabod

@dentarthurdent   “A neolithic sex toy” — PERFECT!  I hate that bloody mess of a Tardis with quite a few fibers of my being.

And *I* can remember, as a little girl living on Manhattan’s very un-gentrified West Side in the forties, burly men carrying enormous blocks of ice up the stairs of tenements for people to put in their ice-boxes; and the guy with the horse-drawn wagon that clopped slowly down the street while the driver called, “We buy old clothes!”

Capaldi was the only Doctor who convinced me that he was an ancient alien who remembered every loss he’d ever suffered, but still cracked jokes and broke the fourth wall with cheerful aplomb.  Damn, I miss him — BUT it’s undeniable, I think, that he and Moffat completed his story with admirable flair — and it was over, done and dusted and reverberant for a long time to come, for some of us.

Damned good thing, too, since we have to wait through a couple of years for a true regeneration!  I plan not to get sick at all in the meantime, or mislay any more of my marbles than have already escaped.

@ichabod    We’ll make a pact then – we’ll survive to see RTD’s new Doctor.    And anyone who breaks it – will never see the next Doctor.   How’s that for an incentive?   😉

Meanwhile, I can’t help feeling that modern times (particularly with the Internet) are far kinder to lovers of fiction than our young days.   If I miss something the Doctor said, I can just back up the DVD.   Or check the transcript on Chrissie’s site.   And if I want to know who the actor was who played, say, Tasha Lem of the Papal Mainframe,  I can go to tardis.fandom.com and search for the episode synopsis.    And I can discuss it all with like-minded fans in a forum like this.

(And the same goes for music.   I’ve rediscovered all the musicians I would have liked in the 60s – 80s, if only I had heard more of them, but all I could catch was snatches on radio stations (buried under tons of DJ babble), or spending too much time and money in record stores.   And now I can find them on Youtube, including songs of theirs I never heard before.)

@ichabod

But, We have already had the best female Doctor ever! With all the aforementioned qualities you just stated.

It’s Joanna Lumley! She even had the best Sonic Screwdriver ever made by any Gallifreyan.

ichabod @ichabod

@davidwho — She must be awfully old by now; like most of us . . . !  But yeah, she did a nifty job.  Thanks for the reminder.

@dentarthurdent  — Yes, yes, a pact!  No dying til RTD is back in the saddle and DW takes off again like the wobbly, wild-eyed rocket it’s always been, at its best.  And yes on music, too.  I have somewhat, ah, odd-ish tastes and very little education in pop/folk/indie, so I get to find all kinds of surprises when I go meandering on iTunes.  So much goodly stuff out there!  One could die of a surfeit.

But — NO!  The Sacred PACT overrides all.

@ichabod  (I wrote a reply and it sank without trace, try again)    I never did iTunes, but Youtube is marvellous for rediscovering 60s – 80s bands that I could never keep up with before.   For example I just discovered a ton of Mark Knopfler post-Dire Straits.  (Mention of a ‘surfeit’ – I decided to find the best version of his ‘Piper to the End’ to put on my pocket MP3 player – a rash idea, he’s been playing it at concerts since 2010, I now have 57 (yes 57) versions on my hard drive.   Fortunately for me selection is made easier by those audience members who think their cheers and whistles improve the performance.     I have no idea how many versions of Dave Gilmour’s Comfortably Numb there are out there.)

But the pact – I feel revitalised already!    Oh, and Remembrance of the Daleks  DVD arrived in the post today, with extras like a commentary by McCoy and Sophie Aldred, and another disk on Davros – doubtless it was felt safer to confine Davros to his own disk.

Missy @missy

@ichabod

Only by a year – my dear. *grins*  No, I am single minded  ( or bloody minded) about this, the next Doctor must be a male.

Always has been and should stay that way. To hell with regeneration excuses.

@dentarthurdent

From the odd glimpse I’ve had of the Tardis, I couldn’t agree more.  MS and PC had the best Tardis.

Missy

ichabod @ichabod

@missy — Hell, the inside of MY Tardis looks better than all that melty wax with lights inside — and I don’t even have a Tardis!

@dentarthurdent — 57 of anything is a bit much for me — I’m trying to clear out tons of detritus (lived in this house since 1992, so you probably imagine; sort of.  Why isn’t the Tardis chock full of space knicknaks from all those centuries?  Does it tidy itself up?  Send paper bags full of old books and clothes and lamps to Goodwill?

winston @winston

@ichabod I am imagining that if my house was bigger on the inside that I would have room for 41 years of stuff. It is not! Maybe the Tardis has a giant storage room and plenty of closet and cupboard space to hide all the things that have accumulated over so many years.  I do not! I can easily imagine how much stuff you have to clear out as I have been doing the same, but very slowly, over the past year.

Maybe the Doctor uses the Tardis to to go back and leave the stuff where it was in the first place. The Doctor doesn’t have 3 kids (or does he?) leaving a box or two at Moms for just a little while never to pick it back up again.Either way you and I don’t have a Tardis so we must sort it out ,box it up and find a home for it. Doing that is like traveling back through or own time line, revisiting the past by looking at the stuff we found important enough to keep all these years. Like cuppa soup.

Stay safe

@ichabod – (I don’t know why but I’m having trouble postuing this. It seems to sink without a trace) – what a coincidence. I’m a born hoarder (I still have a couple of cartons somewhere in a dark cupboard that haven’t been unpacked since we moved in in 1984). Just recently I’ve been making desperate but futile attempts to reclaim some floor space in my ‘den’ downstairs so I can actually see patches of carpet. I have an estimated 1500 books. I’ve just sorted out about 200 of them to dispose of so hopefully all my books can now fit on bookshelves instead of piles on the floor.

I also had about 500 VHS tapes – which became totally obsolete with the progress of DVD. Getting rid of them was painful. At least the books have, potentially, a future use. (Of course I had plans to transcribe them all to DVD and of course I never found the time).

My computer storage is a bit different. I have gigabytes of files but at least they occupy minimal physical space. Actually, I’m currently shifting all my recent files from my Thinkpad T520 “Marga” to my L440 “Clara” because the T520 has proved reluctant to start for the last couple of days – I’ll try and diagnose it but I’m being cautious.

The 57 copies of ‘Piper to the End’, now, are a bit different – after I’ve figured out the best couple of versions, I can just delete all the rest and painlessly recycle the electrons 🙂

The Tardis probably just archives everything – or sends it to the Library. (I’m trying to work in a reference to L-space, Terry Pratchett’s librarious phenomenon. “L-space was a mystical dimension connecting all libraries that allowed time-travel, and was only accessible by the most senior Librarians. It supposedly contains all books that have been, are, will be, or even <i> could</i> be.” (From discworld.fandom.com). I could use a bit of that.

@winston    Don’t I know the feeling!   Every pile of paper I try to dispose of is full of significance for me.   To quote a tagline I once saw, “Nobody who can read is ever successful in cleaning out an attic”

winston @winston

@dentarthurdent   We had hundreds of VHS tapes also and I got rid of most of them.Some were movies that I couldn’t give up but our VCR still works so I can still watch them. As for books I also have way too many so I cleared out all but my faves and books that belonged right back to my great great grandparents that are treasures. I have many of their old school books and gifts with wonderful inscriptions from loved ones long gone. I learned that my great grandmas nickname was Chumley and that my great great grandma practiced her signature over and over in the back of a schoolbook  like most of us do when we are young and bored. Lovely to have but they do take up lots of shelves.

Then there is my Doctor Who collection that has a cabinet all to itself and is going nowhere.

Stay safe

janetteB @janetteb

@dentarthurdent, @winston and @ichabod. Same problem. We moved here in 1995. (have just finished paying mortgage and now finally own the house outright..). We did have to pack up and move out for a year. That was interesting. The packers had to call in reinforcements. They had never seen so much stuff. We are a family of hoarders, and now we have two extra people living in the house it is beginning to feel as though we are trying to cram the interior of the Tardis into a standard London police box without the aid of Gallifreayan engineering.

cheers

Janette

@janetteb    So that’s a sample of four Whovians who also have too much stuff.   I wonder if that indicates some correlation between Who fandom and hoarding?

By the way, it’s a marvellous feeling when the house is finally paid off.   All of a sudden you’re rich!   (Or at least, have a bit of spare cash left over after paying the bills…)      I’m not sure I’d trust anyone else to pack everything if I had to move.   But then, if we did move, it would probably be to a smaller house so I’d have to really  grit my teeth and get rid of a lot of stuff.   To be honest,  my current struggle with the piles of … stuff…  is partly prompted by my conscience – if I dropped dead or went gaga tomorrow, Mrs D would be financially okay, *but* the thought of her trying to deal with mountains of my junk is too painful for me to contemplate…

@winston   I still have a working VCR – probably two, but the likelihood of me finding time to watch old VHS movies is minimal (given that DVD’s are much better picture quality and more convenient and often have extras, and then there’s the Internet and books to gobble up my time).   I haven’t graduated to Blu-ray yet, I might get a player (“too many things” my conscience mutters darkly) just in case I spot something interesting on blu-ray in my rambles round charity shops…

janetteB @janetteb

@dentarthurdent After seeing what my brother had to deal with when my mother died i do try and remind myself that one day our sons will have to deal with what we leave behind.

Our nephew has started collecting videos. We have already donated most of ours but I really should look through what is left before Christmas. Most of our film/tv collection is on hard drives but after a couple of catastrophic hard drive failures I have started to buy the odd DVD just as back up.

Meanwhile I have to make room for the Christmas trees.

Cheers

janette

ScaryB @scaryb

Ah… clutter! I have a Tardis-full… and I don’t have a Tardis!! (Interesting posts about what does the Doctor do with their clutter 😉 )

@janetteb    Hard drive failures are an alarming prospect.   Right at this moment I’m copying all the files off my T520 ‘Marga’ to my L440 ‘Clara’ which will forthwith become my primary laptop – this is because Marga was reluctant to start a week ago, and flat out refused a few days ago.   Eventually got it started using a trick I found on the Internet – pull the battery, hit the start button a dozen times, replace battery and try again – and unlikely as it sounds, it worked on the third try.   But Marga won’t be switched off until all files are copied.   Although, from the symptoms, it isn’t a hard drive fault, so if I had to I could take the drive out and hook it up with a USB adapter lead to Clara.

I have a big old tower case server downstairs with four hard drives in it and all my important data is copied to at least two separate hard drives, though on a fairly disorganised random basis.   Of course conventional wisdom is to set up a RAID array or have a preset backup regime but I’m just not that organised.    My old photos are mostly on a stack of DVDs – you can fit a lot of photos on one DVD, quite cheaply.   But DVDs apparently don’t last forever.    Probably outlast me, though   🙂

ichabod @ichabod

Oh, my effing gods —

In other words, “superheroes” all the way down, idiotic and meaningless battles all the bloody time, utterly meaningless BS to thrill 14 year old boys of any physical age. I’ll end up curled up in a corner reading Nabokov, whom I hate — but at least he wasn’t, in his prime, a hormone-driven, stupid male adolescent.  This set up is about literally nothing but money; big money, fat money, brainless god damned money.

When will there be good news?

@ichabod    I do hope you’re wrong.   Part of that video is just the young presenter’s speculation on the news.   Admittedly Sony is a bit ominous, (as would be Disney) – any of these big-bucks US networks wanting to maximise their investment by spreading the ideas thin and substituting CGI flash-crash-bang for any real character-driven action.   I hope it doesn’t turn out that way (but then I was cautiously optimistic about a female Doctor and…  um.)

RTD has done spinoffs before and – while I watched Torchwood – I never rated it quite as good or entertaining as the main show.   And it went way too grim at the end.   Somehow the Who formula of Doctor + companion(s) + Tardis + adversary-of-the-week keeps it interesting, keeps it intense enough without being too grim or depressing.    (There’s a balancing act here – how do you have dramatic and horrific things happen to your characters – getting a hole shot in them and turned into a cyberman – without getting depressing?    Somehow, RTD and the Moff managed it).     But these are characters we care about.   The only comic-book hero movies I’ve watched was X-men (the original trilogy), and there isn’t one of them I cared about as much as the various Docs, or Rose, Martha, Amy or Clara or Bill.   (The X-woman I found most interesting – hence almost cared about – was Mystique (Rebecca Romijn), and they effectively ‘killed’ her by taking away her mutant powers and making her ‘normal’ – a fate worse than death for her character).

ichabod @ichabod

@dentarthurdent — yep.  I think those fans who where whining that Moffat was “Americanizing” DW may soon begin to realize how good they had it with Moff, and how bloody awful this shift through idiot Chib-bits to Davies might become, if there really is an American connection.  American pop entertainment is witless and awful, by and large, and you end up with teams of interchangeable “superheroes” with no inner lives and hollow, cookie-cutter backstories.  I hope you’re right, that this is just rumors.

I didn’t care for Torchwood because it seemed to be all about everybody wanting to hump everybody else — and that’s the very lowest level of American screen fiction: character is reduced to sex and vengeance.  Yikes.  Spare us, please, any more of these “last of his race” idiocies, for example.  But maybe Davies has more sense than that, and can somehow wipe all this current rubbish out of existence — or, better yet, turn it into the muck from which roses and joy can be grown.  Quite a trick, if he can manage it.  If he falls for this Superhero Timeless Child sh*t, we’re lost.  That’s not a story. It’s a Las Vegas glitter show, with literally nobody on stage to give a hoot about.

I hope for better than that.  I hope.  But less and less as the Chibnal train wreck goes on and on, lurching and gabbling and exploding to nowhere.

I hope I’m wrong about all this.  Please, please, let me be utterly wrong about all of it — I can take it.  I’m a grown up.  Unfortunately, Chiblets is not.  We’ll have to wait and see about Davies . . . good luck to us all!

Oochillyo @oochillyo

hey everyone 🙂 , how are you all today 🙂

I was just looking back , its been over a year since my lost post in this section wow

I think I like this section but often dont know what to do with it cause its like about all the Doctor’s and change and I often just land on the comfy sofa 🙂

I was thinking though now we have all the Jodie eps 🙂 and the internet keeps crashing here today so its hard to watch anything or talk to friends, I just went about ranking some Who, thought of leaving this till the end of the year really then realised we arent getting more Who till next year right so I can have this now and see how it changes later on 🙂

So I have seen a few YouTube videos like this or similar anway since this section is all about well all The Doctor’s 🙂 I’m gonna list my fav ep from each Doctor in Doctor number order, when I tried ranking them as a whole I got a bit confused which I prefer more when comparing Classic vs New so I just skipped that for now oh and I’ve ranked Series 13 which had some surprising results which I checked again, just feel like a what happend in these eps is needed before I am convinced 🙂

Here we go 🙂

1st Doctor – The War Machine 🙂 dont think I’ve seen any first Doctor yet, it was a struggle with the Second Doctor but what I have seen I really love the look of The War Machines and it seems intresting with the Robots and A.I. 🙂 so I am going with this one 🙂

2nd Doctor – Was a struggle cause I have seen a few and it was tough, some animated I couldn’t get through (of one of my fav aliens too) and some were like broken sort of tele snaps and audio very tough for me to get through with my concentration problems ect I have honestly developed with reading and its affected my Classic Who watching struggles even more than before let alone black and white hard to understand whats going on missing parts ect

So I believe its The Under Water Menace I was watching a couple weeks or so back unless its Fury from the Deep I have seen animated images and clips of that so I think I know which is which but get them confused often with the names, I saw the one where they have these massive cliffs ha sounds like Doctor Who to me 🙂 and there is some guy who has a cage to survive flooding and some craziness goes on 🙂 yes I normally just list the Classics in order of love to ooo but just feel like setting out reasons this time 🙂

So I think thats been the best one I could manage so far out of very few but I love Macra 🙂 and I really wanted to enjoy the animated version which I could get very far have to keep pushing with that one someday 🙂 so although I haven’t seen it enough I wont leave my giant crabs out of it so far on my 2nd Doctor journey 🙂

2nd Doctor – The Macra Terror 🙂

3rd Doctor – Colony in Space –  I have seen Inferno years ago dont think fully and I have been trying to push 3rd Doctor recently but its hard when parts are missing and my concertation is fading, tried Carnival of Monsters thought parts missing, one on a boat think that Carnival anyway, 2 Doctor was quite nice but just tired when getting through, seen a bit tried Claws of Axos and quite enjoyed the start but again I feel off the concertation train so wow was I happy when Coloney in Space though seeming like more normal base type eps not much crazy ideas you know I just could run with it and kept going still gotta complete it but at the point where the 3rd Doctor John Pertwee is in the Government type building, I think he’s escaped that and they are talking about food while one of the green aliens attacks someone 🙂

So yeah I find it quite enjoyable to watch , yes at parts I am losing focusing but its just easy to get through and The Doctor is funny and lovely in it so far 🙂 and I am sure as I have bones in my body ha one of the people in it is the actress who plays David’s Mum on Coronation Street who you may have seen on The Nation Treasure T.V. Awards something like that recently 🙂 which is actually helping me to get through the slower times cause its just interesting seeing her in the ep 🙂

4th Doctor 🙂 – The Sun Makers 🙂 I have talked about this ep before 🙂 a joy as pure as the Sun’s rays haha 🙂 I loved this , yes my concertation was a bit wobbly at times but I pushed through and laughed along the way 🙂 what a great little story and the Collector is great 🙂 the guy who is thrown off the building is hilarious I really love this story and Lela is lovely 🙂 , The Doctor is smart and wonderful 🙂 ooo and K9 🙂 I really had a lovely time watching this funny ep its like the next one with me I can watch it and just relax and absorb and enjoy 🙂

Praise the Company 🙂

5th Doctor – Kinda 🙂 such a treat, I saw this year ago one of the earlies Classic Who eps I saw in addition to I reckon The Ark in Space as what I remember looks like that ep and City of Death ect 4th and 5th Doctor is where my Classic Who journey started and Kinda always stood out to me 🙂

I re watched it last year or so on my Classic jump in and watch of Season 19 which I found to love 🙂

Kinda is such a brilliant crazy episode 🙂 when I saw it years back I saw it then Snake Dance I guess shortly after cause I remember that one very well too but tracking through Season 19 I wouldnt have got a re watch of it so years and years back I saw that one on T.V. 🙂 love the two and was thinking which I like more sometimes I confuse myself with thinking actually did I like this one more cause it has the better things rather than my joy , this has confused me with Series 13 ranking I will explain later 🙂

Wow I ramble just nice sometimes to get all the thoughts save it for history you know 🙂

Anyway I re watched Kinda as I say and loved loved loved it again 🙂 I always knew it was a good one easy to breeze through and I loved and when going back I remember exactly why and found a lot of new respect 🙂

Everyone says the guy who played Banes in Human Nature and The Family of Blood is the best performed or single acted Doctor Who villain ever he is nice but even on re watch it didnt shine like Simon Rouse as Hindle 🙂 he is incredible 🙂 one of the best performances I have seen in Who 🙂  love that guy and the whole episode shines even though it seems calm it just gets more and more crazy and cicadellid its an amazing story 🙂 lovely acting, great ideas and villain 🙂 I always find this episode to be powerful and a joy to watch 🙂

This was always my fav Classic episode and The Sun Makers is Shining ha next to it both just make me smile but Kinda is still the top and has few beside it 🙂 I did a whole review of it somewhere 🙂 check it out I wrote till the cow’s came home 🙂 always would be awesome for The Mara to return imagine if whe had him back when Tegan was back woah would be cool to see that in big finish I guess 🙂

6th Doctor – Vengeance on Varos 🙂 I havnt seen much 6th Doctor find it harder to get through his era compared with the 5th Doctor or even the 4th Doctor 🙂 era , I tried The Cybermen one cause I love them and struggled then Twin and again just was like mmm I could do better tried Timelash and woah felt like I was missing something and it wasnt working heard bonkers reviews on it but just wasnt getting there it was still like this is crazy different, so I have struggled with this era to even get into an ep, again heard reviews of this story and the main villain and how much he is loved 🙂 and I loved what I saw and heard 🙂

So I have recently jabbed at Varos and its slow to start I am trying and trying to understand all the words, I am again very sure it has the actress who is the women in a mobility scooter in Benidorm 🙂 and was in Doctor Who as Clara’s family 🙂 and I saw her recently in All Creatures Great and Small which I love 🙂 which has the 5th Doctor actor Peter Davison before he was The Doctor 🙂

I think to myself , what a wonderful world 😉 haha 🙂

I do enjoy the ideas of Varous and the character of Sil, the look of things just need to put my concentrating glasses on and tackel it 🙂

woshrrh That is interesting as Sil would say ha 🙂

7th Doctor –  Greatest Show in The Galaxy , This has been hard as well, I have tried and tried to watch this era, with what I love i.e Greatest Show in The Galaxy soo much was missing but what I love just woah I loved it was soo fun and easy to get through I was soo upset it just stopped at part 1 and I am sure the first like 10 mins weren’t even there just shows how much I love the ideas, look, characters ect ect 🙂

I tried Remembrance and didn’t click just felt very long paced and I couldn’t get through it but should try again 🙂

Really wanna watch The Happiness Patrol 🙂 love the Candy Man, The Doctor’s uno card “give me the gun” haha this Doctor is great at speeches and flipping the table 🙂 especially in Battle Field what a treat 🙂

P.S. – I love Merlin the show 🙂 grew up on still watch it sometimes and love the guy who plays Merlin who was in Midnight yay 🙂 and John Hurt lovely man who was the War Doctor and in the 5oth 🙂 so I do love that Merlin is discussed in this episode 🙂

Seen a lot more clips of Ghost Light and Curse of Fenric and I really wanna watch them 🙂

Silver Nemesis I tried cause I love Cybermen as I said, the start was nice though slow need to really know I am not missing something I think, soo much of this era is hard to find, if its not broken its cut you know but I think I would enjoy it 🙂

Dragon fire looks cool and love the Cafe’ scene in that I watch that clip a lot its soo funny and interesting 🙂 , Delta and The Banner Man looks cool and has Ken Dodd wonderful and beautiful we all love him 🙂

Lots of good stuff and The Doctor and Ace are lovely from what I’ve seen and I even like Mel quite a bit and this Blitz guy seems very cool 🙂 nice he is in a few episodes 🙂

Really could enjoy the era if I get past the beginnings and had complete eps hope fully some day 🙂

So far out of pure joy I am sticking with The Greatest Joy in The Galaxy 🙂

8th Doctor mmm I dont know, there isnt much but I havnt seen Night of The Doctor or the movie and its most likely gonna be the mini ep as I dont know how I can watch that movie but have seen soo little I dont include 8th Doctor at the moment, when I get to finishing the eps I have left of New Who and on that 50th run then I will see the lovely 8th Doctor and wonderful Paul McGann 🙂

So Night of The Doctor unless something crazy happens 🙂

War Doctor 🙂 – The Day of The Doctor 🙂 Lovely episode good to celebrate and its lovely having some Doctor’s back they work soo well together 🙂 the scene “No Sir ! all 13 ^_^ ” 🙂 is lovely , John Hurt 🙂 lovely man amazing voice like with Kilgharrah 🙂 The Great Dragon 🙂 from Merlin 🙂 lovely to see him as The Doctor and his smile at the end when they do the right thing 🙂 ” I am The Doctor again” 🙂 beautiful love seeing all the Doctor and Tom Baker my favrioute 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 is back as The Great Curator saw that scene again today soo lovely 🙂 🙂 🙂 lovely ep sometimes I overlook it and The War Doctor but he is gold dust 🙂

9th Doctor – The Unquiet Dead 🙂 such a joy 🙂 , used to always pick End of The World, love Slitheen and The Empty Child I saw ages ago but didn’t see the rest so was always a how did the Doctor escape that ha 🙂 Series 1 of New Who has been good to watch and find out new loves 🙂 drag my way through Rose sorry on my run of the series and Dalek didnt really make me go wow , in fact I enjoyed watching the Long Game couple years ago while at an outdoor cafe near a London Train Station with family and friends way more than Dalek in a quite place ha 🙂 , some ups and downs needles to say 🙂 nice to say that I think of the 10th Doctor “I’ve always wanted to say that” haha 🙂

I do like this Series more now, didnt really care about it before and why everyone holds it soo high, I found some more gems which is nice 🙂

Still working on a few but for special occasions like Father’s Day 🙂

However its somewhere aswell just wonder if I saw this at Christmas time like I did with an ep last year, dont think so, anway I beyond love The Unquiet Dead 🙂 that sounds good show of love ha 🙂

I have a rewvie of it , its soo sweet and heartwarming,  love the actor playing Charles Dickins 🙂 Simon Callow he is magnificent 🙂 love the setting , the villains, very enjoyable to watch with good ideas like the bodies being compared to recycling, love Charles through this and his joy when he sees the Tardis fly away his eyes opened to the Wonders of the World like Vincent Van Goth , a lovely historical and Christmas themed ep which I reviews somewhere and talked pleasantly about 🙂

10th Doctor 🙂 🙂 Gridlock 🙂 🙂 my fav Doctor Who ep ever not even Kinda could pass this one 🙂 Kinda so far is my fav Classic, this is my New Who version of fav ep but it beats all Classic too 🙂

I did a review on this, even talked about it in some comment section on a YouTube video 🙂

One of the earliest maybe the first Doctor Who eps I saw always loved it and re watching it was amazing 🙂 , I know its soo under valued, its amazing to me and I cried when watching it again, love the Motorway, the characters like Brannigan played by the wonderful Ardal O’Hanlon who was Dougal in Father Ted 🙂 and is now on Countdown 🙂 love the Macra soo much so its boosted The Macra Terror to my fav 2nd Doctor ep even though I struggled watching it 🙂 , the music in this is lovely and well placed and the song makes me cry, thinking of life and the time we have, there is joy and sadness at the end, The Doctor’s determination to get Martha back 🙂 the ideas and themes I love this ep above all other Who eps and I dont think thats gonna stop 🙂

Drive up 🙂

11th Doctor – well this was one that changed, I have re watched all of Series 5 recently and loved it , I was also re watch a lot of 7 (and small amount of 6) , with Series 7 it was mainly the problem eps some I hated beyond any other Doctor who and the Reble Flesh ep was on that list too which still hasn’t clicked with me , re watching the problems of Series 7 was a surprising joy and lot of eps got fixed in my view maybe still out classed by others ect but it was good 🙂

This made picking the 11th Doctor era tough cause now I think hey are these other series 7 eps on equals with the 2 top’s but I pushed them down and stuck with what I always love , Nightmare in Silver and The Rings of Akhaten with The Bells of Saint John, recently The Crimson Horror and now the Snowmen coming close behind 🙂

I coudlt decided which is my fav fav they both are soo good was going with Nightmare in Silver this time around but had a new episode, as I mentioned somewhere again I decided to watch a Christmas ep last year and picked A Christmas Carol which I used to think was a drag, woah what a change 🙂

This episode was beautiful, heartwarming , gorgeous to look at, lovely song which I had different in my head for soo many years I was sure it was Silent Night 🙂 haha 🙂 , lovely timey wimey and themes , I enjoyed A Christmas Carol again few years back at school and have seen one of the original films recently couple months back I guess, good meories with Christmas Carol now lovely school teaches, great message and it helped me pass my English to get the best mark I could cause I could remember that story like the back of my hand and wrote and wrote and wrote about the whole thing and jumping between all the time’s past present future loved that story and I absolutely smashed it in the exams along with the poem section which I really liked 🙂

I wonder if I have my exam paper oh, cause were moving and it was last year ish dont know if the school would have it or me oh well I know I did super and my English teacher said he was very proud of me and I love that teacher he is soo kind and helpful saw him recently when shopping 🙂

So I was expecting a drag found absolute joy and warmth a great story and characters, The Doctor in this is amazing and soo powerful and caring its lovely and the directing this is the highlight of Series 5 for me which is already a beautofil series as I found on re watch such as the Pandorica ep’s what a beautiful way to end a series my fav Christmas Special and if not feeling a bit strange for picking a Christmas special as I cant see it as much as the other 2 for best 11th Doctor ep I do love this one soo much and decided its a treat and more of a treat as I dont really wanna watch it unless Christmas time think that’s beautiful 🙂

Halfway out of the dark 🙂

12th Doctor – Extremis 🙂 I love love love this ep, did a review, its soo awesome, the Monks are amazing one of the most powerful Doctor Who aliens we have ever seen, love the whole virtual reality 🙂 its very interesting story love the 12th Doctor, Bill and Nardol 🙂 some lovely lines like “dont invite the Pope while I’m on a date” or similar, where is my review ha cause I dont know what to say its just soo awesome, the look, the mystery, I loved series 10 when watching it all after missing most of it when it was airing in fact series 10 is my fav New Who Series 🙂 series 13 is soo close I think even was going better but just think 10 for now ha just everything was amazing, anyway loved that Series I got more and more happy as I went on eps just got better and better then Extremis smashed the bar for an already incredible series woah 🙂

If I didnt have soo much childhood love especially being one of my first eps of Doctor Who Extremis would beat Gridlock I adored this when I watched it 🙂

13th Doctor – Apparently Survivors of The Flux 🙂 I always had a soft spot of The Ghost Monument and a few other eps were quite nice, series 11 for me was just easy going to watch quite a nice little series 🙂 missed most of series 12 just seen the Master eps and Orphan 55 which I kinda had as my fav Jodie ep cause I liked it and in a way it was soo silly I liked it 🙂 so that and Ghost, Series 13 came along and smashed everything 🙂

I was there for the first time in years mmm maybe since series 6 or 5 watching at the same time as everyone live you know 🙂 and woah the Halloween Apocalypse was incredible, Swarm I love him soo much 🙂 all the ideas, speed, characters awesome awesome 🙂

This Series started amazing and kept getting better and better like Series 10 🙂 some eps I dont like as much but still 🙂 good to have you know 🙂

I have a review I am sure and I have noticed today with Series 13 its a roller coaster really, first ep amazing then it drops and then up again and it goes like that all the way through the Series wow 🙂 so I had a really tough choice between Halloween Apoclpyle , Once Upon Time , Survivors of The Flux and Eve of The Daleks 🙂 literally done a tier ranking and it was them and I agreed, apart from Eve of The Daleks the top was Survivors and it went -> that way in anti chronological order if that makes sense Halloween was last, this was a shock as I thought I liked Halloween more than Survivors or at least Once Upon Time but thinking about what’s in each ep I am confused and know I loved these eps and knew the series got better as it went on just feel like is it this, need to re fresh what else happend in each of these eps apart from the obvious , I really loved Halloween, then it dropped with the Sontaron one and suddenly Once Upon Time was all spacy and beautiful to look at cool characters ect and again Survivors was amazing and cool characters ect really confused whats best thought it would be Halloween as the one that kick started it all and I loved from the beginning , I took out Eve of The Daleks which I love and think its 8/10 not even sure if I like Power more have to re watch a lot of this series cause its all soo good but its not like Series 10 where Extremis just stood out above everything and I had the same problem with 11th Doctor series 7 there are soo many I love but the top 2 just are soo equal in awesomeness 🙂

Like I said in my 5 Doctor section , I am confused with what I like more and which had the better parts, Loved Halloween, loved all these 3 🙂 just at different points Halloween started something soo fresh soo well , Once Upon Time was cracking love to see the planets lovely characters ect, Survivors of The Flux felt like all the pieces were together and knocking chunks out of each other haha 🙂 awesome characters, amazing moments like Swarm and The Grand Serpent destroying those around them, I watched this and was soo soo hyped for the finale this was like perfect soo fun 🙂

Love vs the amazing things in the ep which makes the whole thing better 🙂

So anyway I struggled with the choice and so far I am sticking with what my trusty preference revealer tells me (its from Metebelis Two Podcast 🙂 ) but I really wanna re view this , loved Swarm and all the mysteries of Halloween and Dan too and his doggy friend 🙂 , Once Upon Time had more awesome characters and Swarm was destroying things and having fun 🙂 ooo was this the one with the time temple of Adropos I think so yeah that was nice and the Mole guy 🙂 the wrecked planets look beautiful , Belle’s story and the Cybermen was sweet 🙂 and the Survivors had a lot of awesome characters such as The Grand Serpent I love him 🙂 Swarm obliterating Tec Taun 🙂 soo many cool things coming together , The Passenger 🙂 loved this Series really need to work out all the parts of the 3 cakes not just the cherries 🙂

Onwards to more greatness I hope 🙂

This has been really fun just to ramble but with reminding myself why I love some of these eps soo much and the greatness of Who and the things we all love 🙂 hopefully I will love someone as much as I love Doctor Who 🙂 they would be very lucky indeed 🙂

thought about listing them again without the info ages ago but thought someone would say whats the point then or rambling on but actually if anyone wants the speedy review it would be good otherwise I can tell I a million voices are gonna tell me Silence will fall haha I know I know but this has been super and probs will change as I watch more Classic 3rd, 6th and 7th indeed 🙂 but for now I am me again hahaha 🙂 the rambler and the quoter 🙂

P.S. nearly forgot my speedy review hahaha even though it was the last thing I mentioned haha classic me 🙂

this has been fun and a pure joy 🙂

1st Doctor – The War Machines 🙂

2nd Doctor – The Macra Terror 🙂 🙂

3rd Doctor – Colony in Space 🙂

4th Doctor 🙂 – 🙂 🙂 The Sun Makers 🙂 🙂

5th Doctor – 🙂 Kinda 🙂

6th Doctor – Vengeance on Varos 🙂

7th Doctor – The Greatest Show in The Galaxy 🙂

8th Doctor 🙂 – Night of The Doctor 🙂

9th/ War Doctor 🙂 – Day of The Doctor 🙂

9th New Who Doctor haha 🙂 The Unquiet Dead 🙂

1oth Doctor 🙂 Gridlock 🙂 🙂 🙂

11th Doctor – A Christmas Carol 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

12th Doctor – Extremis 🙂

13th Doctor – Survivors of The Flux 🙂 🙂 🙂

Take care everyone hope you enjoy 🙂

Regards – Declan Sargent

Oochillyo @oochillyo

hey everyone 🙂 how are you all 🙂

I would like to mention I spent about 3 hours on this 🙂 from 22:56 to at least 1:53 🙂

I am not complaining I just wanted to share and now forgot what else I wanted to say good thing is tiredness haha oh and very happy and surprised the Internet didnt break as its been doing throughout the whole day, I wouldn’t mentiion this if it was like a few times , not just on and on and on cant talk to half my friends been struggling with loading things and watching vidoes so amazed for once with the longest thing I am writing in ages it didnt crash cause I think I would lose my mind if I had to re set everything ha what a day, its the Fireworks I am sure , our Internet has been going wobbly recently cutting off a lot of the time but I notice when its fireworks it really break every few mins I am sure fireworks must create interference, also if anyone has like a podcast and would like to place me in to talk Who to start that would be cool 🙂

Not sure what to do now apart from sleep ha missing a girl, scared of driving test, this was a brilliant nearly 3 hour distraction ha 🙂

I was watching the new review/analysis from clever … or so about the 11th Doctor you could find it based on those words I am sure 🙂 he is super good and its been over a year since the last review wow so when I saw it I was soo happy , watched nearly all of it and now I cant remember it was something oh Steven Moffet when he was young and Matt Smith too just there love of the show and what drove them into writing and how Moffet was nevrous new love for him, just something maybe I cant remember sort of like hey you know it would be great to be The Doctor I sort of felt inspired and also thought of a cool thing about the Doctor and health but if I dont forgot maybe I will talk about it another time, just image you get to do whatever if you write the show or being in a role would be sweet 🙂

I am shy, nobody here can tell haha 🙂 and I did drame at school at it always scared me and school plays telling a friend I think about remebering lines or saw it on T.V. someone talking about that and I know I couldnt do that didnt even remember where to go whats going on next dont like these things , but if I was Doctor Who yes I would be nervous of being in the role as you have to act and I dont wanna look silly or screw it up but actually after all the behind the scenes is done it will just be my style of Doctor and cool aliens and spaceships 🙂 thats what the audience sees that would be good 🙂

I wouldn’t have to worry as much I guess, bit like Peter Davidoson he had a lot of weight on his shoulders and was nervous in the part until later on lovely man though 🙂 I think I could cope with Who being a fan and sort of knowing hey if I say things right and have Doctor Style I cant wreck it cause everyone loves The Doctor and all the history ect would be sweet 🙂 its just be you really like Tom Baker said 🙂 🙂 he was just himself 🙂 🙂 while handing jelly babies to aliens haha 🙂

Can you imagine if I am The next Who or show runner one day and this is famous blog post haha 🙂 like with Steven Moffet 🙂

Take care everyone dream big but most of all hold close to the ones you love 🙂 🙂 hugs 🙂 🙂

Regards – Declan Sargent

BetaOHO @betaoho

I have a theory that The Morbius Doctors did take place Pre-Hartnell, and the other cycle of regenerations were only 8 regenerations. And as The Timeless Child could of been only 7. I’m saying this because people like Rassilon lived for millions of years he had to have more than 12 regenerations too. The Timelords hide a lot of stuff, but also just imagine how much creativity could come out of all The Doctors missing regenerations damn

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.