• bunface replied to the topic Rogue

    I am forever a fan of Alan Cumming’s version of Cabaret.

    @juniperfish

    Have only ever seen the film, would love to see a stage version, and yes, Cumming and also Redmayne… and anyone really!

  • bunface replied to the topic Rogue

    is the Games’ Master feeding on the Doctor’s tears?

    @juniperfish

    Oh blimey not sure but I’m now thinking that the Doctor may be turning them on.

    Really convinced he’s performing. What about that line about 600 years being a good long time for the shapeshifters to ‘suffer’ once he’d exacted revenge? Shades of the mercilessness we saw with Ten…[Read more]

  • bunface replied to the topic Rogue

    @juniperfish

    Is the Doctor unaware of the Games Master? Or has he caught on, and he’s already playing (but can’t let on to Ruby, in case she’s been placed with him as part of it)?

    Love your ‘knows what the Doctor likes’ line – exactly! The refs and reiterations are coming thick and fast, like AI has watched Doctor Who and is writing a new story…[Read more]

  • Mudlark replied to the topic Dot and Bubble

    Very late in arriving on the scene this week (life etc,…) but at least it has given me time to read and reflect on everyone’s reactions and theories.

    For me this was another winner, third in a row, and RTD appears to be on a roll now and not pulling his punches. As it did with @juniperfish and Prof. Wilson in the link given us by @craig, this…[Read more]

  • syzygy replied to the topic Dot and Bubble

    @cathannabel

    Good to hear from you!

    Absolutely agree with the idea that many young ones aren’t as attached to social media as many others assume.

    Just from our perspective only, The Son and many of his mates have virtually no socials with most working 2 jobs & at university/college. There is less time, less disposable income and as @JanetteB m…[Read more]

  • ps1l0v3y0u replied to the topic Dot and Bubble

    @juniperfish

    The Power of Three.

    Ashildr could have lost one child in the Black Death, then literally ripped decades from her memory. Could be grief.

    But there were Three cradles. Powerful number. Not invoked at a whim (unless you’re CS Lewis).

    Rassilon, Omega and The Other?

    The Doctor, The Loon… and who?

  • ps1l0v3y0u replied to the topic Dot and Bubble

    @juniperfish

    The power of three!

    You have to tell a Celt something three times before it’s true. It’s TRUE!

    I still think I would go for Oppenheimer, though I sadly admit I haven’t seen either. I am unique. And sad. But not really bothered. 3 hours is a bit much.

    Did 15 say that? The ‘dot did dat dinni?’ 15 might be wrong. The Doctor can be wr…[Read more]

  • bunface replied to the topic 73 Yards

    @juniperfish

    Yessssss – and therefore only “real” in the “mavity” universe, and so when the Doctor has to restore the timeline, and undo what he unleashed with the salt line at the edge of the universe, Ruby will have to vanish, like the changeling she is – back into faerieland…

    Hmmm, liking it. Which suggests that nothing will be resolved unti…[Read more]

  • ScaryB replied to the topic Dot and Bubble

    Final thoughts (for now) – So far we’ve had 2 seemingly completely unrelated scenes at the start of episodes – the Isaac Newton one (Wild Blue Yonder) and the butterfly effect in Space Babies.

    Are these clues to wider arcs? As @juniperfish says – they both suggest alternate timelines, and presumably (or maybe not) we need to get out of the mavity…[Read more]

  • ScaryB replied to the topic Dot and Bubble

    Other thoughts…

    The Doctor’s tears
    @bunface thanks for the quote, that does make sense.
    @juniperfish @miapatrick – the tears are noticeable, even when the rest of his face is still. Also reminded me of Bill’s puddle-person who can come back in a teardrop.

    Also @juniperfish – I’m liking your 3 witches (or 3 fates?) theory 😉
    I do also like the…[Read more]

  • bunface replied to the topic Dot and Bubble

    @juniperfish

    I love the Yeats connection, and you know I’m into the whole faery context, but whether the Doctor’s tears are significant beyond a new kind of iteration, not sure. Of course nothing anyone explains can be taken as the be all and end all, but Wikipedia has this:

    I was thinking about what a terrible world it is now, and how many…

    [Read more]

  • Miapatrick replied to the topic Dot and Bubble

    @juniperfish – I think he’s cried every episode so far. I’m starting to think it does indeed have a deeper meaning than just that he’s worked on himself and is in touch wit his emotions. But even that has something to it, he’s no longer trying to be stoic, or avoid any emotions other than happiness and anger – because if y0u do that (avoid grief…[Read more]

  • Charlie Cook replied to the topic Dot and Bubble

    @juniperfish re mrs flood being Ruby, someone mentioned a few weeks ago, that mrs Flood didn’t recognise the Tardis when it appeared, but realised it was a type of tardis when it dematerialised.

  • WhoHar replied to the topic 73 Yards

    @mudlark

    Sorry to be so boringly pedantic but trust me, I’m an archaeologist

    Please tell me you’ve been chased from a temple by a giant boulder. 🙂

     

    @juniperfish

    On the other hand – parthenogenesis?

    Virgin birth? That would be interesting territory for Who.

  • WhoHar replied to the topic 73 Yards

    @juniperfish

    I was one of those who really hated the Timeless Child concept when Chibs floated it, because I was (and am) emotionally invested in the historical presentation of the Doctor, not as different from his/her people in some super-special (the dreaded midichorians) genetic way, but because of their renegade anarchistic attitude to stuffy…

    [Read more]

  • Mudlark replied to the topic 73 Yards

    @juniperfish

    River’s immortal line from The Husbands of River Song, “I’m an archaeologist from the future, I dug you up”.

    Yes, I remember grinning broadly at that line 😀   I would love to have had River’s sonic trowel, too, way back in my digging days. There is a lot to be said in favour of the trusty forged tang WHS 4 inch pointing trowels, (…[Read more]

  • Mudlark replied to the topic 73 Yards

    @blenkinsopthebrave  @juniperfish

    I have been twisting myself into a pretzel trying to get my head around the logic of Ruby being her own mother in the manner suggested, but any way I look at the paradox it seems to end in a completely closed loop with no beginning and no end – not even Ouroboros, because the ring has no head or tail.  If there w…[Read more]

  • janetteB replied to the topic 73 Yards

    @devilishrobby Best wishes for a speedy recovery and I hope that you get lots of time to watch Who.

    @craig. Thank you for sharing that. Your wife was indeed inspiring.

    @mudlark. I loved your description of the ring. An example of how “provenance” gives meaning to an object. The S/O and I didn’t bother with rings, not having bothered with the…[Read more]

  • WhoHar replied to the topic 73 Yards

    @mudlark

    I like your explanation of the Ruby’s timelines very much. And, as you say, it wasn’t explained how this could be done. Perhaps we will never find out, but that only leads to more theorizing so it’s a win either way.

    I’m going to stop thinking about this in any more detail though, as there is surely a paradox in there, and tbh – like @ju…[Read more]

  • WhoHar replied to the topic 73 Yards

    @craig

    Thank you for posting the links – how inspiring, and what a terrific attitude from Rachel in the face of adversity.  Amazing indeed. And, as @juniperfish says, a lovely picture.

    @devilishrobby

    And to just add to the chorus of well wishers, and my hopes for your complete and speedy recovery.

    Wonderful also to see others such as @mudlark…[Read more]

  • Load More