General thread – fan creativity

Home Forums Fan creativity General thread – fan creativity

This topic contains 1,012 replies, has 280 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous @

TheLostDoctor @thelostdoctor

Hi we are a group of semi-professional film makers from Newcastle with a passion for all things sci fi and Doctor Who in particular.

He have started an Indiegogo campaign to raise funding to film an adaption of the missing adventure Marco Polo as a non profit fan film.

Our version will be three thirty minute episodes, we chose this format as a three and a half hour fan film isn’t financially viable but this way you still get the traditional Doctor Who cliffhangers.

Anyway we’d love to hear what your members think of the project, be honest.

Our fanfunding campaign can be found on Indiegogo igg.me/p/461629/x/3723734

And you can follow our project on Twitter @thelostepisodes and @paulmac708.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I really hope we can make this project a reality.

Paul Mackie

Anonymous @

@craig – I was re-reading @htpbdet ‘s All Just Stories in the End blog and thought of @jimthefish ‘s current re-imagining of An Unearthly Child in his blog series.  Because you said back then, in re having ‘episodic mission’ type episodes:

Imagine if the Cybermen intro to AGMGTW had instead been one whole thrilling, scary episode about infiltrating the Cyberfleet to try and retrieve the info they had. And then next there had been an episode where The Doctor and Rory met the Headless Monks in order to learn even more information to advance their rescue bid etc, etc. It could have been a wonderful ride.

… and Jim replied:  “your AGMGTW serial idea is awesome. I’d love to have seen that.”

So … any chance you’ll start a blog of your own, fleshing out those very ideas?  Or, does anyone else want to take a crack at it?   🙂  (HTPBDET?  Jim?)

faecairuhyn42 @faecairuhyn42

I would love to see a fan video made to “Superheroes” from the Rocky Horror Picture Show containing Doctor Who footage. Please take this idea and run with it and post it on YouTube!

–Britt V.

applelatch @applelatch

Hey, new to the forum, but I thought there might be some people here who would appreciate this; it was really fun to make, worse part is I kept forgetting I was working on it.

http://ceramicpony.deviantart.com/art/Silence-Pony-Sculpture-385015738

Check out the deviantart if you’d be interested in acquiring one

wolfweed @wolfweed

Welcome, @applelatch! Nice sculpture. Silence-Ponies will fall when the question is asked…

x

Dalek Side of The Moon by: Blueshift (via Red Bubble)

wolfweed @wolfweed

x
    Creator unknown

Anonymous @

Liking the Silence-themed stuff. Love the idea of Silence-Ponies, @applelatch. They sooo should be featured in series 8…

applelatch @applelatch

Thanks! Silence ponies may actually be creepier now that I think about it, maybe it’s the four legs, lol. I’m actually working on sculpting a lot of the Dr Who characters/aliens in pony form, not everyone’s cup of tea, but still fun. I’ll be diving into the Fourth Doctor era with ponies as soon as I’m done with some current projects. The silence nail polish is awesome, and I really want that Dark Side of the Dalek art on a shirt….

Anonymous @

@applelatch – Is there a particular reason why you choose to depict your subjects in pony form?

applelatch @applelatch

@MadScientist72 I happen to be a fan of both Dr. Who and the newer My Little Pony. To be honest it stemmed from before I could care less about ponies and before the new show even came out. I was at an anime convention and someone was selling the old school My Little Ponies customized as pop-culture stuff such as Iron Man or Jack Sparrow and the artist had done a Cthulhu pony. Being obsessed with H.P. Lovecraft I thought it was hilarious and bought it, never giving ponies a second thought. Then when the new MLP aired I was blown away by some of the fan artists, and there’s tons of crossovers already, I found the idea interesting that people were mixing ponies with Dr. Who. I always enjoyed monsters and things and always loved watching  shows like Dr Who, Land of the Lost, Star Trek TOS, Star Wars,  partly for the creatures. I want to practice sculpting miniatures and making molds/casts, and I liked my Cthulhu pony so I decided to do it with Dr. Who. It just so happened that turning the creatures from Dr Who into ponies is a fun way to improve my skills. It boils down to I like X, I also like Y, let’s put X and Y together, silliness ensues.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

x

ponys – hurricane dash

Anonymous @

@applelatch

the artist had done a Cthulhu pony. Being obsessed with H.P. Lovecraft I thought it was hilarious and bought it, never giving ponies a second thought.

Well, of course you did! Who wouldn’t want their very own My Little Cthulhu?

Anonymous @

@iamrosetyler

Do you mean reuse story BG lines for the next (AG) Doctor, or do you mean a complete remake of the BG series – casting a new Doctor #1, Susan, Barbara & Ian, etc.  and starting over from scratch?

Whisht @whisht

Hi @iamrosetyler – welcome(!) and I absolutely know you didn’t mean this, but your thought made me think of something.

Groundhog Day for the Doctor.

Have we had that done before??

But, to your point, I can imagine an episode (even a series though that might stretch the conceit) where the characters revisited old shows. Basically similar to how the Claricle showed the Doctor which Tardis to steal.

However, if you really want to know what the old shows were like you’ll have to watch them in all their glory. They could be great, boring, confusing, challenging, emotional, dull…. yep – its a series that’s been going for 50 years!

If you want pointers as to which are the best to see, I’d head over to the Faces of the Doctor thread or the Doctor WHo memories thread.

People moan about the special effects of the time date certain episodes, but the storytelling usually compensates for that (eg The Talons of Weng Chiang)

Anonymous @

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anonymous @

@Madscientist72 – somewhere on one of these threads a while ago, we had this same conversation, the apotheosis of which was Swishy Dalek exhorting ‘Re-Dec-o-Rate!’

If I recall, we also had Unsure Dalek: ‘Guess-ti-mate!’ ,  Married Dalek ‘Dom-es-ti-cate!’ , Italian Dalek ‘Ges-tic-u-late!’ , A&E Dalek ‘De-frib-u-late!’ , Last-But-One Dalek ‘Pen-ul-ti-mate!’ , Pointing-Plunger Dalek ‘In-cri-mi-nate!’ , Educated-Snob Dalek ‘Non-lit-er-ate!’ , Over-Indulging Dalek ‘Re-gur-gi-tate!’ , OTT Dalek ‘Ex-ag-ger-ate!’ , Accounts Dalek ‘De-pre-ci-ate!’ , and Onan Dalek ‘Mas-tur- ….’ oh, you get it.  🙂

More possibilities here

wolfweed @wolfweed

x
    Patrick Ballesteros

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

TARDIS tartan       sammyk Spoonflower

wolfweed @wolfweed

z
    jean*

FantasyMaven @fantasymaven

Hi, everybody.

I am a new Whovian.  While I’ve been a science fiction and fantasy fan forever, I resisted this particular world until very recently, when my daughter starting squealing about this show she found on Netflix and how much she enjoyed the Doctor with Donna.  (Supertemp!)  First I was letting her watch the show while I made dinner, then I was watching it with her, then I was bawling my eyes out through Doomsday and the End of Time, and I realized I’d gotten hooked on Who. In honor of the 50th anniversary, I’ve started recapping some of the new Who episodes at my blog, and I hope some of you might be interested in reading them.  The first episode up is “Rose” from season one.

Sample paragraph:

Rose has a sweet, cute, very normal lunch with her sweet, cute, very normal boyfriend and then at closing time realizes she must go down to the dark, spooky basement of Not Harrod’s to give the lottery money to some poor sap named Wilson.  Hi, Wilson.  Bye, Wilson.  We hardly knew ye.  Watch out for the guy with the weird screwdriver.  People seem to die a lot when he’s around.

At any rate, Rose delves deeper and deeper into the dark, scary basement looking for a man who isn’t there, and suddenly finds herself locked in.  This is the exact moment when Rose’s life ceases forever to be normal or even sane. There are no people around, but there sure seem to be a lot of mannequins.  Creepy mannequins.  Moving mannequins.  Mannequins moving towards her. First one, then another, then a whole street gang of half-dressed plastic men begin crowding in on Rose as she screams at somebody named Derek.  If she thinks Derek is able to make plastic zombies who want to take over the world, I want to meet this guy and find out what he’s been up to. Just as Rose is about to give up hope – she gets a little bit more resourceful later on – she feels a warm hand in her own, and hears a friendly voice hiss a command: “RUN!”

Rose, meet the most delightfully dangerous person you will ever know.

The rest is at Recapper’s Delight.

DrMattTennant @drmatttennant

Hello, I represent a current Doctor Who fanseries that is currently released on youtube called: Doctor Who – The Forgotten Doctor. Picking up from the “8th Doctor Comic Serials”, we find the Doctor at the End of his 8th life. He has just defeated the Cyber Leigon with his companion Destrii. He decides to return Destrii home to spare her any further danger as he finally heads home to Gallifrey after a Distress call. Upon arriving, he is confronted by the Master, newly regenerated, along with the Daleks. After an intense battle, the Doctor is killed, but its NOT at his fixed point in time! His regeneration goes array and he becomes a BRAND NEW 9th Incarnation, and this time he more different than EVER! The Doctor must stop the Master before he destroys Gallifrey and the rest of the Universe in the process! But, the Doctor’s journey comes at a price.

You can watch the first half of the series here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwhglS9snT9G5d9oWne3Kc4OnXCwWgSEw

Plus we have confidentals about each episode here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwhglS9snT9EFW7ZIcA9bqwEBcUs_JJAX

We hope you enjoy the series as we put alot of time and effort to make this series exciting for the fans!!!! Thanks so much, BANZAI!!!

wolfweed @wolfweed

Excellent fan made trailer for the 50th (presumably the one Moffat speaks about in News post #14373 link vid).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2uPfmcCdFw

z

narwhallord @narwhallord

I made a Dalek Parody. Watch it, and be sure to like, comment, favorite and subscribe for more!

chickenelly @chickenelly

Article on building your own Tardis on the BBC site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23363622

No sign of anything substantial from the BBC of course…

ScaryB @scaryb

@chickenelly Build your own TARDIS

Nice link, remarkably unpatronising as these things go!  Nice summing up:

It is just like the TV Tardis, whenever and whereever it turns up, lives are profoundly changed, lessons are learned and possibilities are seized.

I’d be even more impressed if someone came up with a working TARDIS engine though!

Anonymous @

@scaryb

I’d be even more impressed if someone came up with a working TARDIS engine though!

That’s easy. First you need to get your hands on a collapsing black hole. Then you need…

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

Whisht @whisht

@wolfweed – oh pleeeeeaaaasse let there be a Tardis Catbus…

janetteB @janetteb

Colin Baker looks so much better as a cat. I will second @whisht‘s request.

Cheers

Janette

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

Actually, the Sixth Doctor might have worked if he’d regenerated as a cat! 👿

Anonymous @

@wolfweed — I love the Studio Whibli-Whobli line. That’s excellent. Also agree with those above that the Sixth Doctor looks oddly ‘right’ as a cat…

Whisht @whisht

@wolfweed @janetteb @jimthefish @bluesqueakpip

as if by magic

Catardis

I have an unwarranted affection for Tortoro, due to the beauty of Ghibli artwork and after seeing an image of him on a branch with the little girls (with one snuggling deep into its fur) and completely ignoring them.

Now that’s alien!

[I won’t mention that Tortoro riffs on the Japanese for ‘troll’ – and btw I checked out wiki to see if “him” was correct! ;)]

Anonymous @
    janetteB @janetteb

Thank-you @whisht  Totorwho is brilliant. @Shazzbot, yes. Exactly what one would expect him to say..

Cheers

Janette

thommck @thommck

OK, this is not really Fan Creativity, it’s more of a terrible pun but it made me smile

Tent Mat

curvedspace @curvedspace

I’d been putting these on the sofa but they probably go better over here. (Here’s the intro to the project and the links to the weighted chart and sonic uses by writer. Thist post has the tally of sonic uses by story.) Here’s the latest, a  sonic screwdriver infographic.

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

wolfweed @wolfweed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TySLmj2ZWIo
    Timey Wimey Awesome (ANIME DOCTOR WHO).
    z

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@wolfweed

Loved the anime Doctor Who!

I am in awe of your ability to source all this stuff.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

z

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

z

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

I really like this. This is the Twelth Doctor in IDW comics style by onegemini (link to deviantart). Post regeneration (in 11s costume). The text is a modified version fom some the Audition scripts that Doctor Who Magazine published recently. Lovely attention to detail, and really caputures that style. The artist also has a lovely combative style in dealing with ARSE-y fans.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Anonymous @

@phaseshift – that guy’s Dear rude Doctor Who fans page that you linked to is priceless.

I also like his turn of phrase:

This is to all the rude arsefedoras out there

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 1,013 total)

The topic ‘General thread – fan creativity’ is closed to new replies.