Website comments (2)

Home Forums General Website comments (2)

This topic contains 642 replies, has 81 voices, and was last updated by  blenkinsopthebrave 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 43 posts - 601 through 643 (of 643 total)
  • Author
    Missy @missy

@beemartha

Hello there.

Frankly I’m in a minority on here, *grins* PC appears to be the least liked Doctor and I cannot understand why?

For me he was the most convincing, the most endearing, the most human of all the Doctors.

Mind you, Christopher came a close second in the ‘human’ stakes.

David Tennant I found witty and quite mad at times, and  I liked him best after Peter.

Matt Smith was a complete nutter, and unless you were bloody minded, a lot of fun.

All of them showed that ‘steel trap mind’ and icy resolve when required.

Why do you like your three?

Missy

BeeMartha @beemartha

@missy

I can’t lie I must agree they were entertaining to watch.

The War doctors one my favourites because I love his journey throughout time he’s seen so much pain and felt the darkness and it reminds me of how the world can be at times.

I cannot lie David Tennant is my Doctor Who crush there’s not one episode I didn’t wish I was on the adventure with him and I think he’s really funny.

Matt Smith grew on me I wasn’t very keen on him in the beginning but as the season progressed I enjoyed his acting and was nice to see a young doctor for once 😂😂😂

I just think these Doctors had great stories to tell and got me interested in the show and also the fact my mother is obsessed and wouldn’t allow me to change the channel 😂😂

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@beemartha @missy

Hi both, no biggie but could you please move this conversation over to the “Faces of the Doctor” thread? Many thanks.

The Faces of the Doctor (2)

The “Website comments” thread is more for problems with the website or with users so I can know what to fix, or who to have a stern chat to etc., not for general Doctor chat.

Many thanks.

CedarBranchTardis @cedarbranchtardis

I really liked the contrast between the different doctors. Eccleston looking at his “big ears”. More “athletic”, Tennant and his “brooding”, Smith’s “goofiness”, Capaldi should have wailed away on his guitar more. Some changes I didn’t like, the sonic screwdriver not being used, the TARDIS looking like the bridge of a starship, the loss of companions I really liked, but I realize if there hadn’t been changes, the TARDIS would be getting really crowded, no matter how “big it is on the inside”. The “special shows” with the return of old doctors and companions were always great. Or to see Tennant and Smith play off against each other and then Hurt shows up. Great. I must confess, I have not watched the latest doctor, but hope to do that soon. Ya’ll have a goodern.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Hi @cedarbranchtardis

As above, this thread has now moved to the “Faces of The Doctor” topic.

Please don’t post here unless you have comments about the website or users of the website.

Many thanks.

Missy @missy

<span class=”useratname”>@craig</span>
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>Emperor</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Sorry Craig, you are quite right, didn’t think.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Missy</div>

Missy @missy

@craig
    Emperor  Don’t know what happened there?

anyway, sorry, you are quite right.
    <
    Missy

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@craig Miss Hadiza has come across my profile and developed interest in me. She’s offered to share photos with me, but since she didn’t specify ‘photos of my pet dog’ which are the only random photos I desire, she might need ejecting.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@miapatrick Thank you. Have marked them as a spammer.

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@craig

Miss Hadiza wants to know me (and I am sure I am not the only object of her attentions…)

Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

Ah see you have already had Miss Hadiza reported to you

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Just to let everyone know I have already marked mona chara as a spammer.

toinfinityandbepond @toinfinityandbepond

got a dodgy PM. But enough about Boris, someone called NONA needs me to e-mail her.

And I got one from Nancy Adams.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Thet seem to be coming thick and fast today.

Many thanks @toinfinityandbepond and @blenkinsopthebrave

I’ve marked them as spammers.

@craig

There’s another one…this time called Leigh.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@blenkinsopthebrave Many thanks. I’ve marked them as a spammer.

Kharis @kharis

Two new suspicious members. Going by Leigh and Nani.  I think they are just spammers and most likely need an ejection from our pocket universe.

I hope you all are enjoying the shelter in place and staying safe. – Kharis

Is there a bug with this site? Because my comments are not always posting for some reason.

EDIT: So I removed a link from something I was trying to post, and now it has let me do it. It seems to be hyperlinks it doesn’t like for me.

janetteB @janetteb

@craig The TV Programs thread needs some attention.

Cheers

Janette

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@craig
    Quatermass and the Pit Part 1 also seems to have been visited by an inept hacker.

geoffers @geoffers

@craig

i have a new spammer for you, fresh for the holidays! user name is:

manssa

(although, in the message, the name is maasai. so, either, or both. thanks!)

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Thanks @geoffers

I’ve spammed them.

Apologies to everyone for being AWOL but life has kinda got in the way recently. I will get back to normal service before the New Year episode.

I’m planning an update to the site (as the version of WordPress it works on is out of date). It will probably annoy some but will be a good framework for the future. It may involve shutting down the site for a few days in February but I will try to keep downtime to a minimum.

Hi @craig. Great to hear from you and sorry to hear that life has been getting in the way. Just wanted to say what I know all of us feel, and that is how much we appreciate everything you have done and continue to do in maintaining this little haven from a crazy world.

johnnybear @johnnybear

I’ve just had a message from this Manssa, what does this he/she want? Has asked me to send them an e-mail but i like my computer the way it is!

JB

Dentarthurdent @dentarthurdent

@johnnybear

I got one too, a couple of days ago.   I think it’s ‘phishing’ i.e. a scam.   I’d ignore it.

(I found the message function on this site has a ‘Delete’ button.   So that’s what i did.  Made like a Cyberman – ‘Delete.   Delete.’    🙂

johnnybear @johnnybear

Thanks, Dentarthurdent!

JB

geoffers @geoffers

@dentarthurdent @johnnybear

anytime you get something like that, send a message to craig (here, or in a pm). he’ll block them from using the site. (potentially, if left unblocked, they could cause havoc with another user, or even the site itself, so it’s best to get rid of them. there’s a fairly normal stream of them infecting the boards.)

thanks @craig

no worries, life gets to us all, at some point or other. i drop in semi-regularly from my lurking, but there really hasn’t been a lot going on in my world (everything has been usurped by the virus). i’m really looking forward to the new year’s special, if only to feel normal for a couple of days…

HEYoli @heyoli

Hello~ Is there anyone know where to find the doctor who Christmas Special 2013? PLZ… I just can’t find and I can’t wait to watch it lol

Antho @juggalowho

Just came onto this forum! Been following the doctor fod about 11 years now. And ive finally stafted to rewatch all the classics. Now that they are damn near ALL available of Amazon Prime. Im on season13 with doctor #4. So far Pertwee and Baker are pretty amazing. So hard to pick a favorite.

@craig

Just following on from @devilishrobby, there is a spammer roaming on the site.

Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

@craig
    Think we may have a spammer or certainly someone who doesnt respect site protocol,….Guy seems to want us to sponsor him for cancer research or some such using Elizabeth sladen as the excuse who apparently only died 10weeks ago

janetteB @janetteb

Definitely not respecting site protocol but I think the 10 weeks is meant to be ten years. It will be ten years since she passed away on the 19th. Does not seem so long. So in appreciation of the reminder I think we should look at a Sarah Jane story on the 19th in honour of a very special Dr Who companion. (To us older fans at least.)

Cheers

Janette

janetteB @janetteb

We have another one!!! this one thinks we need to know who Peter Davison is. (posted in the Dr Who Memories thread.)

Cheers

Janette

I saw that one.   One ref to Peter Davison and four paragraphs on Advice When Visiting Your Doctor, presumably stolen from somewhere.   Makes me wonder if it’s some sort of bot that can’t tell the Doctor from a doctor.

I can’t find it now, maybe Craig got to it.

Oochillyo @oochillyo

hey, I was finding cool images of my fav Doctor Who ep – GridLock and had a light bulb moment, if possible what if there was a section on this Forum where anyone can add like a promotional/official or favorite image/images they chose from a favorite moment, character or aspect from a few eps they love of Doctor Who

Perhaps other sections of the forum can included this feature such as the movies section.

Of-course there will be a limit to how many images a person can place and certain restrictions (so nothing offensive or none relevant can be posted) but if its like a small collage there could be lets say 10 images whether from the same episode of Doctor Who or various from any series (perhaps even from Classic Who), if this is an idea that is possible to accomplish and intriguing to members of this Community I would love to hear a response/discussion on the topic.

Thank you.

Regards – Declan Sargent

@craig  – another spambot for you, Kaylee402 on General Open Thread – TV shows

Oochillyo @oochillyo

hey @dentarthurdent , I dont know what your allowed to say about it, I dont think I should even ask but I am very curios – why is or what has Kaylee402 done that makes her spambot ?

Regards – Declan Sargent

@oochillyo   Nothing secret about it, it’s not a matter of what I’m ‘allowed’ to say, and you can certainly ask.

If you look at Kaylee402’s only post, she is advertising and linking to a site where nursing students can pay to get someone else to write their assignments for them.   I believe this is considered cheating (by the students).   But anyway, nothing to do with Doctor Who.

If you click on her profile, she became a registered member and instantly posted that.    Hence my conclusion.

Cheers

@craig

Hi Craig, Just posted on The Kebab & Calculator and noticed that is has well over 1,000 posts. It might be due for an upgrade.

johnnybear @johnnybear

I’ve just been emailed by an abdelfatima, does anyone know anything about them?

JB

johnnybear @johnnybear

Or just abdul but he/she calls themselves abdulfatima

JB

@johnnybear Me too. And, I suspect, lots of others.

@craig, if you are out there, could you help?

Viewing 43 posts - 601 through 643 (of 643 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.