Website comments (2)

Home Forums General Website comments (2)

This topic contains 569 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  blenkinsopthebrave 3 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 551 through 570 (of 570 total)
  • Author
    Craig @craig
    Emperor

@cathannabel @miapatrick @whisht

Many thanks – have marked them both as spammers. It does seem to be the case that, because there is “Doctor” in the site name they think we might be interested in their dodgy medication. They take the time to sign up, and add a profile pic. But they don’t take the time to work out what the site is about!

@cathannabel @miapatrick @whisht

That apparently random text is to try to evade spam filters. You see that sort of thing in spam email quite often (although less than you used to).

ltia @ltia

Wow! I chose a crazy time to join the forum, then!

I must confess I originally signed up for Gallifrey Base (having read a lot of Gallifrey one years ago – those reviews were brilliant as I was rediscovering the show). I’ve been in the moderation queue for a month, though. I think I can understand why, now! Terrible time to join, really… but I’d like to talk a bit of Doctor Who and the ‘outside world’ has gone completely mad.

I should point out that I’m definitely not a troll or a bot or anything. No, really. Honest. I’m very nice. 🙂

syzygy @thane16

@ltia

Lovely name, btw. It’s a great place. We’re not AS busy as we were a few weeks ago – can’t believe the NY special was nearly a month ago.

Welcome, you’ll have a blast

Thane16 and Puro

syzygy @thane16

@craig

I have a Marie Cooper from the US  ‘army’ giving me her private email wanting to reveal information 🙂

Puro.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@thane16 @kevinwho and everyone else. Apologies as always. I have marked our new friend as a spammer. (sorry for the delay but I was asleep – I have to sleep, sometimes) 🙂

Please do not respond to their emails. I have quite a tight ‘bot’ stricture on this site, but if a human signs up and posts nonsense messages then I’m kinda at your mercy. Thank you, you lovely people, for letting me know.

Melody22411 @melodyhughes

Hi, I just wanted to know everyones opinion, I am 19, and every since I was a very young girl, I have been obsessed with the doctor, never missed an episode, then season 6, episode 7 arrived, ‘a good man goes to war’. The episode where Riversong was born, but what shocked me the most was, her birth name was Melody, my name, you can imagine 11  year old me was speechless, Melody isn’t a common name at all, clearly this is just a coincidence, or is it??? 

Mudlark @mudlark

@craig

A dubious entity calling itself Elizabeth Barron has just messaged me, purporting to be a wealthy widow on the point of popping her clogs who wants my assistance in distributing her millions to the needy. Why am I suspicious of this philanthropy 🙄

Miapatrick @miapatrick

A very rich dying widow has asked for my assistance in distributing her fortune via private message on here…

Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

Same here to be honest I generally just ignore thes sick SOBs and delete the messages

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Thanks all – now marked as a spammer.

By the way, am hoping regular service will restart this Saturday I’ve had a lot going on but it’s almost over. Thankfully.

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@craig, @bluesqueakpip, or anyone who can solve the issue, I suspect that I am not the only person to receive an email from Elizabeth who wants to share her fortune…

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@craig @blenkinsopthebrave @mudlark @devilishrobby @miapatrick

Apparently, Elizabeth thinks we’re a dating site. Are we a dating site? I didn’t know we were a dating site.

I’ve been doing this all wrong….

😉

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@bluesqueakpip if it’s a dating site, it’s not a very good dating site. I’ve yet to receive a single unsolicited (or solicited, for obvious reasons) photograph of genitalia. (Or then again, maybe that makes it a very good dating site after all).

@craig @jimthefish

I think dfhghdfg05 might be a spammer. Just a hunch.

And hbfdxcvnfghdgdf

@craig

It seems that Kayla wants to get to know me. Unfortunately, I don’t really want to get to know Kayla. I am sure others on the site may be experiencing the same.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Hi @blenkinsopthebrave Yes I’ve marked her/him as a spammer, and the next person who also registered with the same email domain right after I spammed them.

Some nights it’s like whack-a-mole!

@craig @jimthefish

I suspect I’m not the only one to get a very tempting offer from Kayla Noyes, who if she is in the USA as claimed I’m Chinese.

Also, we seem to have acquired a bevvy of Indian removal firms…

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@pedant I got a message from Kayla too – so she’s been dealt with. Sorry but I’ve been busy with real world stuff but will try to get back to the site properly soon, including removal firms (although I have to wonder what they have to gain)

@craig Ah, Kayla–she is persistent, isn’t she?

@pedant How do I know that you are not Chinese?

Viewing 20 posts - 551 through 570 (of 570 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.