Mentions
-
4 years, 10 months ago - View
ScaryB replied to the topic Part 4 – Village of the Angels
I agree with the concensus here that that was a great episode. And like @Jimthefish I would tend to put a lot of the credit Maxine Alderton’s way. Proper behind the sofa stuff.
Thanks to @Mudlark for the excellent research into the Division. They definitely seem to be about the ends justifying the means. They don’t seem to be a good thing, but…[Read more]
-
4 years, 10 months ago - View
Mudlark replied to the topic Part 4 – Village of the Angels
re Clair, the impression got from the latest chapter was that they were saying she’d seen them in a vision, which is why she knew them, and then got sent back in time.
Yes, you’re right; I’d missed that detail. She says that shortly before the night she met them in the street in Liverpool she had a premonition, a succession of d…[Read more]
-
4 years, 10 months ago - View
Mudlark replied to the topic Part 4 – Village of the Angels
@blenkinsopthebrave and @miapatrick
As regards the Division, they clearly aren’t the Big Bad in this context, but I don’t get the impression that they were/are entirely a force for good.
I’ve been doing some backtracking through previous episodes to refresh my memory on what we know of them so far. Our first encounter with them is in Fugitive of…[Read more]
-
4 years, 10 months ago - View
Mudlark replied to the topic Part 4 – Village of the Angels
This, for me, was a definite improvement on last week, not least because it made maximum effective use of the scare potential of the Weeping Angels. The synopsis in the Radio Times made me think immediately of The Daemons from the Pertwee era and it did indeed have some elements in common with that story, but this was, of course, part of a much…[Read more]
-
4 years, 10 months ago - View
Missy replied to the topic On The Sofa (10)
What a dreadful shock, I am very sad for you my dear.
When someone close to you dies, it leaves an empty space.
You will fill it though, it just takes time.
Missy
-
4 years, 10 months ago - View
Mudlark replied to the topic On The Sofa (10)
My sympathy and condolences in the loss of your mother. You must still be in shock, but it is good to know that visiting this forum helps provide some distraction, however brief, from everything which you are currently having to deal with.
-
4 years, 10 months ago - View
nerys replied to the topic On The Sofa (10)
@miapatrick I am so sorry about your mother. I’m glad that posting and reading here give you some respite. Hugs!
-
4 years, 10 months ago - View
Dentarthurdent replied to the topic On The Sofa (10)
@miapatrick My sympathy for your loss.
You said ‘we’ so I think you have someone with you – I hope so, it would be a bad time to be alone. Hopefully Who can provide some distraction, though (I know the feeling) you can watch an episode and realise at the end that you never took any of it in. As you said. -
4 years, 10 months ago - View
blenkinsopthebrave replied to the topic On The Sofa (10)
@miapatrick My deepest sympathies. You take care.
-
4 years, 10 months ago - View
winston replied to the topic On The Sofa (10)
@miapatrick I am so sorry for your loss and the shock of it all. No matter how old we are the loss of our Mom is hard to take. Only time will ease your pain but I hope you find comfort where you can and Who is good for that.
Stay safe.
-
4 years, 10 months ago - View
janetteB replied to the topic On The Sofa (10)
@miapatrick Sorry sorry to hear about your Mum. It always takes a long time to process, to adjust to a changed reality I hope that Dr Who helps.
Regards
Janette
-
5 years, 3 months ago - View
janetteB replied to the topic On The Sofa (10)
@blenkinsopthebrave We have the reconstructed stories but I have only watched a couple. Not sure if we have watched Wheel in Space or not. Will have to have a look as it sounds like it might be the Dr Who story that frightened me when I was a child. (Not even really sure it was Dr Who)
@miapatrick. I would be very happy to help as I have some…[Read more]
-
5 years, 8 months ago - View
nerys replied to the topic Revolution of the Daleks
@bluesqueakpip @miapatrick Thank you for that clarification. I’m from the States, but live in Canada, which has a parliamentary system similar to the UK’s. The “secretary” designation raised eyebrows for both me and my Canadian husband.
@blenkinsopthebrave I may have to bite the bullet and go the purchase route. Or be prepared to be patient…[Read more]
-
6 years, 4 months ago - View
The Idiot From Gallifrey Base replied to the topic The Kebab & Calculator
@miapatrick I’m more of a Rice Krispies person myself.
-
6 years, 4 months ago - View
winston replied to the topic The Kebab & Calculator
@miapatrick I have a very talkative brain myself so I sympathize and I share your insomnia. @dalekbuster523 We tend to go for pizza or Chinese food , maybe because they are both good for breakfast.
-
6 years, 4 months ago - View
The Idiot From Gallifrey Base replied to the topic The Kebab & Calculator
@miapatrick I never really tend to go out that late. When I’m on holiday, I have been out as late as midnight sometimes, if I’ve gone to a show or at a theme park such as Disneyland Paris, but I’m way more conservative than most people. Others go out to all hours and get wasted, whereas I’m like ‘I want to stay in and watch Ant and Dec on the…[Read more]
-
6 years, 4 months ago - View
syzygy replied to the topic The Kebab & Calculator
@miapatrick oh jeepers, I shouldn’t laugh about The Brain and Me! You
shouldmust write a novel! You put up with a hellava lot & still make jokes? Amazing. I hope you chase up those darn urologists. Widening the plumbing….sounds somewhat painful 🙁@whisht Ah, the boy will survive. Thane The Boy Who Lives (a bit much?).
Denmark? DENMARK??…[Read more]
-
6 years, 5 months ago - View
syzygy replied to the topic The Kebab & Calculator
Absolutely great advice from Whisht & others. it’s true: life aint fair. I’m real lucky that due to Crohns I have “self isolation down pat” -as my niece said when COVID blew in.
That was just after devastating fires where thousands of people & animals were displaced. Entire towns with huge histories gone overnight even though…[Read more]
-
6 years, 6 months ago - View
Bluesqueakpip replied to the topic The Kebab & Calculator
Yes, I saw video of the goats! Llandudno hits the national news!
Typical nosy goats – no humans around so we’ll trot down from the headland and take a look, ooh, tasty flowers! And typical of a small dog. In their doggy minds they are equal to any challenge and if necessary, they’ll bring the goat down by the kneecaps.
Glad you held…[Read more]
-
6 years, 6 months ago - View
Mudlark replied to the topic The Kebab & Calculator
This is somewhat belated, but commiserations and all best wishes to you both, that you get safely through this anxious and difficult time.
- Load More


