Dr Who News (4)

Home Forums General Dr Who News (4)

This topic contains 810 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  wolfweed 2 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 801 through 811 (of 811 total)
  • Author
    Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

Reports are coming in that Jacqueline Pearce has died.

From the Whovian point of view she played Chessene in The Two Doctors – but those of us of a certain age will always remember her as the gloriously nasty Supreme Commander Servalan in Blakes 7.

Mudlark @mudlark

@bluesqueakpip

She was wonderful as Servalan, surely the most elegant and stylishly dressed villain ever. I read once that the brilliantly OTT clothes originated with a suggestion by Jacqueline Pearce herself; the intention at first had been to dress her in military-style gear which would not have had nearly the same impact.

Not least of her accomplishments was the ability to run in high heels and a slinky full length grown, sometimes over rough ground, without either tripping or breaking an ankle.

And it took the BBC the fat end of 12 hours to get a story up.

Mudlark @mudlark

Ouch! gown, not grown.

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

The Series Premiere has been announced – and there are tickets available! Well, for the red carpet arrivals. Sorry. Not for the premiere itself. But if you’re free to go to Sheffield on Monday afternoon, 24th September, you can see the cast arriving, and maybe get an autograph/selfie if you’re super lucky.

The random draw is for tickets for the red-carpet before the premiere of the new series. Applications for the random draw will be accepted up to 4pm Monday 17th September. Jodie Whittaker, Bradley Walsh, Mandip Gill and Tosin Cole are all booked to be there.

If it’s you and a friend, and the friend lives in or near Sheffield, get them to apply. 🙂 The allocation is going to be 50% of tickets to Sheffield or surrounding area postcodes, and 50% for rest of UK.

I have a faint feeling that a lot of kids in Sheffield may have ‘an appointment with the Doctor’ on that Monday afternoon. 😀

Cath Annabel @cathannabel

Have applied for two tickets – not sure who my plus one will be if I’m lucky, but I’ll post on here if so, in case any of you lovely lot can join me!

janetteB @janetteb

Have fingers crossed for you @cathannabel

Sad news regarding the death of Jacqueline Pierce, AKA Servalon. She was instrumental to the success of Blake’s 7 and excellent in the few other roles I saw her in. She was a very disturbing Rosa Dartle in David Copperfield.

There was an article about Jenna Coleman in the Guardian the other day. Nice to see that her career continues to flourish. I must confess that she was the main reason I watched Victoria, gritting my teeth at the historical inaccuracies.

cheers

Janette

Not sure if it is news or sofa material, but this riff on Jimmy Kimmel’s Mean Tweets is fun:

https://twitter.com/StylistMagazine/status/1042412869055401985

( @craig – any idea why Tweets don’t seem to be embedding any more?)

Hadn’t even spotted there’s an interview (I don’t think I am quite Style’s demographic): JW Interview

wolfweed @wolfweed

Jodie Whittaker will be on ‘The Graham Norton Show’ next Friday (28th Sep)

She will also be returning to Radio 2 with Dermot on Saturday 29th September to talk about the upcoming series of Dr Who.

Jodie is also going to be on an episode of ‘Jamie Oliver’s Friday Night Feast’ in the near future.

kitch

wolfweed @wolfweed

Jodie will join Shaun Keaveney on Radio 6 on Thu 27th sep…

sk

Viewing 11 posts - 801 through 811 (of 811 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.