S33 (7) 13 – Nightmare in Silver

Home Forums Episodes The Eleventh Doctor S33 (7) 13 – Nightmare in Silver

This topic contains 525 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  Dentarthurdent 1 year ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 526 total)
  • Author
    OsakaHatter @osakahatter

@phaseshift – I think you’re pretty much on the money with the arc being more about the Drs darkness, although I doubt we’ll see a fully dark Doctor (at least, for any length of time) – the nature of being a family show I guess.

Can’t remember if I posted my somewhat stretched metaphor before, but it ties with your points above, so apologies if this is a repeat.  It’s almost as if the Doctors relationships with his companions has become almost like a drug to him, he gets the highs of showing off the universe, the dangers and the excitement, and then the come downs of them leaving him.  This time he’s risen higher than ever – his companions having a child, and that child being his wife, but then had the ultimate come down of losing them.  Consequently, he tried cold turkey (again) but it didn’t work.  And now, to try and get that old high back, he’s onto something else, a stronger drug, not just a companion, but a companion with a mystery, not just the girl who waited, but the impossible girl!  And not just showing off the universe, but taking more risks, being more reckless, putting himself and others into greater danger.  It is a dark path, but I expect something will wake him up to what he’s doing soon.

As @htpbdet (and others) have been saying, I believe Clara is traveling with the Doctor because she’s the impossible girl.  But she will become the impossible girl because of traveling with the Doctor.  Much as I’d love her to be something else as well, I think it will be that simple.  The Doctor’s line in JTTCOTT “I brought you here to keep you safe, but you’re not” foreshadows this I think.

I rewatched RoA and have been thinking about it quite a bit, because I perceived it as the weakest of the current run (but enjoyed it far more on a rewatch).  The introduction of that Mummy, with guards etc was scary.  It seemed a real threat but then just turned out to just be an alarm clock for the real danger – Grandfather.  On first watch it just seemed a bit of a rushed twist, and the resolution a bit odd.  But Grandfather had been in plain sight throughout, appearing in background shots regularly (and illuminating every scene).  I really think this must be relevant to the finale, that the real danger is not what we expect but something we’ve been looking at throughout.  I’m not sure what I do expect though so this theory falls down a little!

So what has been hiding in plain sight the entire time, regularly in shot?  The Doctor, The TARDIS and Clara are the only realistic answers to that I think.  Who would the real threat be?  The TARDIS is being difficult with Clara, casting doubt upon her.  The TARDIS’ unreliability has been mentioned alot recently, and she seems to have developed a liking for being blown up over the past few years, with the potential for devastating effect.  The Doctor as discussed has been getting darker.  Purely on the grounds that the Doctor is the only one of the three who is also a Grandfather, I’m going for Dark Doctor being the real threat (and to be fully enlightened again by the end of the episode!)  But then, to allow this to then mirror RoA, I’m guessing Clara as the false threat/alarm clock (and that becoming the impossible girl will trigger him into full on Dark Doc mode).  Something, possibly involving topiary (well, and love inevitably) to calm him down again.  And now I re-read this, I realise I’ve pretty much nicked the ending of Buffy Season 6.

Anyway, my predictions for the finale:
    -Clara to seem dangerous but not be

-Clara to have something happen to her to scatter her through time and space

-Doctor to become dangerously dark.

-The name ‘The Doctor’ to become something to fear.  And then become Hippocratic again.  Actual name will not be mentioned or involved.

-Doctor to be brought back to normality, possibly by being shown the Doctor shaped hole in the universe, and seeing who he should be.  Possibly through music.

-Some kind of surprise or teaser at the end to lead into the 50th.  Not sure that’s much of a prediction really.

I’ve also been hoping for a culmination of a 3 season arc, but I’m losing faith on that score, there’s not been enough lead in.

ScaryB @scaryb

I’ve not minded the stand alones, there’s been enough linking to keep me happy. As I posted above, for me it increases Clara’s vulnerability -it’s unlikely, but she could die again or be cyberised.  Although I do agree that she does seem to be a bit of a blank slate, compared to when we saw her in AotD and Snowmen, which I also agree makes it hard to sympathise with her except in general terms. I don’t have that problem with Matt’s Dr – for all he’s enigmatic and several puzzles within whatevers, his performance does it for me. Although there might be another timestream Dr interfering/sorting, the one we’re following at the moment is experiencing things as we see them, I think.

@phaseshift – I like and agree re the long arc being about the Dr

@bluesqueakpip – am longstanding proponent of the memories upload theory as you know; I’m still hankering after Clara is  a construct of the Tardis (the gadget that could make “everything”). The Tardis had massive guilt attack over letting Clara be incinerated in JttCotT and recreates a duplicate!

But – I also love the theory that we’re in an alt Tardis which is going to become Hartnell’s.  I like this version of the Tardis, but then I first met it in 60s and it always had a much more “hi tech” look back then. (It also had a hum, and thick doors, but you can’t have everything back I suppose! 🙂 )

ScaryB @scaryb

@phaseshift – now ths is brilliant –

So with all this talk of “mirroring” perhaps the ultimate meta reference is mirroring the Doctor paranoid obsession onto us? We, as the audience after the events of S5 and S6, are really having difficulty believing she’s normal as well?

That also ties in with Clara is the programme (as in @bluesqueakpip‘s amazingly detailed meta-ref theory) – agh! I just had a flashback to @blenkinsopthebrave (or was it @bobbingbird )’s old 4th wall Tinkerbell theory, LOL. Let’s not go there!!

(and spot on with the Brian ref – I remember we all had a chuckle at that!)

Incidentally, the cubes in PoT – were examined in great detail and pronounced “safe”, so readings (inc the sonic) can be wrong/fooled

ScaryB @scaryb

Further to Clara being a Tardis construct – she’s created Clara as the perfect companion for the Doctor – cos he kept breaking or losing all his previous companions!

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@scaryb – before I trot off to bed: I still think there’s a meta-ref, and it’s been going on through this entire part of S7. Possibly earlier, but modern Clara’s intro was when it was foregrounded.

And I think @phaseshift is right: we’re seeing the Doctor’s journey. Which may, just possibly, also turn out to be the Companion’s journey.

If we are seeing a meta-ref, then the Doctor is going to die. He’s got to die; because the Classic Series died. Journey ttCotT showed the Doctor on the scrapheap, under the wreck of his TARDIS – but the meta-ref in that episode was to Battlefield, the first story of the final Classic series. He was on the scrapheap, but he wasn’t yet dead; we saw a possible future where everybody did die – but it didn’t happen. They (we) managed to avoid it.

But there’s still the Interregnum; still the period where everyone is convinced Doctor Who is dead and lives only in memory. The period where, at one point, Doctor Who gets taken over by alien forces (I apologise to all Americans on the board – you’re not really alien forces, but metaphorically speaking, the US TV movie was an alien takeover of the Doctor). But essentially, the Doctor then stays ‘dead’ until the reboot; the reboot which decided to set itself at the end of a Time War.

He stays dead, in fact, until the end of the Time War, and the appearance of Rose on our screens. When Doctor Who is reborn 🙂

Oh, and if you could go really meta: the 50th Anniversary has to have David Tennant (possibly as well as Christopher Ecclestone, but that’d depend on the actor) – because it was David Tennant’s successful navigation of the regeneration into the Tenth Doctor that signalled Doctor Who’s real revival.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@osakahatter

I think the drugs comparison is a good one, especially for the Ponds. I really enjoyed the end of “The God Complex” because it seemed like a natural end for their story. I knew they’d be back in “Wedding of River Song” but that could have been it. I don’t regret they came back and loved those stories (hey we wouldn’t have had Brian otherwise) but it really did emphasise how he couldn’t seem to “save them” by leaving, as he promised in GC.

@scaryb

When I rewatched Power of Three recently I really got the giggles over it for some reason. It’s the look of earnest enthusiasm on his face. Comedy Gold.

ScaryB @scaryb

<does deep bow of unbridled admiration @bluesqueakpip>

Even if they don’t follow through on that, I’m still mighty impressed.

So – was that the takeover by alien forces that we’ve just seen? So if this theory is correct the finale should see him in a coma then (not technically dead yet – kept alive by the fans/Clara’s belief?).

Multiple possible realities playing out (my theory re the GI) with the Dr having to work out which is real – reflecting the uncertainties of the Time War? <desperately tries to shoehorn own theory in to Bluesqueakpip’s work of genius, LOL>

ScaryB @scaryb

@phaseshift – thanks for the clip, it’s great. They’ve even put Brian in an anorak!! 😆 (good job most of us Who enthusiasts have a thick skin – even the show has a go at us!!)

@OsakaHatter

possibly by being shown the Doctor shaped hole in the universe, and seeing who he should be.

By an angel called Clarence?

Um….hang on….

Somebody must have noticed that before, surely?

Timeloop @timeloop

@pedant What do you mean? I know which episode you mean with your reference. But what makes it special? That the name is close to Clara and that he has been a weeping angel?

Anonymous @

Yes, I think @phaseshift has hit the nail on the head with the ‘long arc’ being about the darkening of the Doctor. (And I still hold out vague hope that Moffatt’s long game is for a three-season arc, although it now looks as if it’s more likely that that would be something for the anniversary episode.)

@osakahatter — I don’t think there would be a problem with a long-term Dark Doctor if you include a surprise regeneration in the mix and/or a Doppleganger of some kind. Matt continues as the Big Bad, while the new Doctor  (whoever s/he may end up being) fights him.

Timeloop @timeloop

@jimthefish I honestly dont want Matt to play any Big Bad. He is brilliant as what he is which is ATM (at the moment – not where you get your money xD) still the Doctor. He would have no chance to say bye to the audience as Tennant did who knew the end was coming. Would you really want him to leave the big stage already?

OsakaHatter @osakahatter

@pedant – ooh, no I didn’t pick up on that and haven’t seen it mentioned.   And I am now kicking myself, it’s been far too long since I watched it.  @timeloop – Clarence is the angel in Its A Wonderful Life.  He shows George what the world would be like without him in it and in doing so convinces him life is worth living.

Oh Good call! I’m going back and seeing if I can shoehorn that into a theory!  The Fall of the Eleventh – a placename rather than an event, like Bedford Falls!?  Possibly getting carried away…

OsakaHatter @osakahatter

@jimthefish – hadn’t thought about it in terms of the multi doctor hints as I’ve always leaned towards them shadowing an increasingly split personality, rather than 2 physical entities.  However, could see that working and giving the show a radically new direction, start the next 50 years with the Doctor running away from himself/herself, rather than from the TimeLords. I think we’re likely to see the Doctor stopped/saved if he goes dark in the finale though, it mirrors too neatly with the rest of the series not to.  But perhaps, that cliff hanger for the anniversary (which I’m taking for granted we’re going to get), a hint that the other doctor is out there…

@osakahatter – Of course, every time a bell (of St John?) rings and angel wins its wings….

Hehe.

Courtesy of IMDB

Clarence: I’m Clarence Oddbody, AS2.

George Bailey: Oddbody… Hey, what’s an AS2?

Clarence: Angel, Second Class.

Set on a snowy Christmas Eve, of course.

Meanwhile, the Alaska Junior entertainment officer…

HTPBDET @htpbdet

I have posted some very long musings on the Blog space here: 

http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/sidrat/cybermen-emotions-and-nightmare-in-silver/

Hope that’s the link – if anyone is interested.

Some ramblings about Cybermen, Emotions and what I think is the real, but not fatal flaw in Silver.

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

Once more, nervously emerging from behind the sofa, I see that we remain innocent of major spoilers. Hurrah!

OK, as it seems that many of us are finding it difficult to come up with last minute bonkers theories for next week without straying into spoiler territory, I think this is the time to recycle a theory I previously aired on the Guardian at the end of s6, when Dorium Maldover warned the Doctor of “the fall of the 11th” on “the fields of Tenzalore”.

Now, we know that time can be re-written, and Moffat assures us that next week will be a game changer. Think about those words…a game changer…a “game” changer.

So, perhaps we have erroneously assumed that “the fall of the 11th” referred to the Doctor. BUT…

Is that what is really meant by “the fall of the 11th” on “the fields of Trenzalore”? What if it is actually referring to that momentous date, the 29th of August 1882, which has gone down in history as the date of “the death of cricket”, when the 11th man on the English side, Ted Peate, was bowled out, and Australia won the Lord’s cricket match for the first time. (A rousing “hurrah” on behalf of the colonials.) After the match, the Sporting Times published the following obituary:

“In Affectionate Remembrance of ENGLISH CRICKET, which died at the Oval on 29 August 1882, Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing friends and acquaintances R.I.P.

N.B. – The body will be cremated and the ashes taken to Australia.”

So, fellow enthusiasts, it is obvious really. By some timey-wimey shenanigans, the Doctor will replace Ted Peate, and will…wait for it…go in to bat for England!

Time can be re-written!

<runs back behind sofa>

janetteB @janetteb

Have been pondering my theory re’ Clara being a creation of the Tardis. It’s had plenty of human DNA over the years to study so it should be capable of creating a fairly convincing, workable model. I toyed with the idea that River created Clara but then it occurred to me that maybe the Doctor created Clara/will create Clara, to take care of infant River. HE heads off promising ot find her and we assume he had some involvement in rearing her. Maybe, knowing that he was totally inept when it comes to caring for children and keeping them from danger, he had the Tardis whip up a nanny/governess to do the job. In the Snowmen she tells the children that she was born behind a clock, (in the Tardis) and that she created the fish to swim in, or some thing like that. Could that be an obscure River reference? Maybe the Tardis went into overdrive and spat out a few too many models and so scattered them around space or found another use for them. She of course would not recognise River in the shop, if it was River as there has been at least one regeneration since then. The backstory for Clara is something the Doctor has programmed for her. Ok. Bonkers I know.  I think I have now tied myself up into a theorising knot.

Cheers

Janette

janetteB @janetteb

@blenkinsopthebrave, I think you will need to hide behind the sofa along with Moffatt if that theory proves true. 🙂

cheers

Janette

@janetteb. What? No support for the cricket theory? But I can even tie it in to the title of the episode.

Scene: The fields of Trenzalore. The Doctor appears. The umpire–Simeon, of course–demands: “What is your name?” The Doctor, with a steely glance, replies: “Peate…Ted Peate”, and, pausing only to change into cricket whites, strides purposefully onto the pitch.

No…?

WhoHar @whohar

@blenkinsopthebrave.

You’re theory leaves me stumped. Howzat?! Maybe the Doc will impress Clara – bowl a maiden over you might say. Or is that just another Silly Point?

You want some more? 😉

WhoHar @whohar

@blenkinsopthebrave

And it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “madman in a box”

WhoHar @whohar

@blenkinsopthebrave

So this Ted Peate fellow shot Kennedy? Time for me to bail…

@whohar.

I am sure Fortesque will enlighten you on Ted Peate when he arrives with the bricks.

I am still keeping Kennedy in reserve for the 50th!

<thinks–maybe Ted Peate was the second gunman on the grassy knoll. Hmm…more thought required.>

WhoHar @whohar

@blenkinsopthebrave

Will the GI see the Doc lbw at the MCC?

WhoHar @whohar

@blenkinsopthebrave

You do realise of course that when the regulars arrive they are going to know the night shift has been slacking off.

How’s it going btw? No Qantas club lounge for a while?

@whohar

Slacking off? I think we are both in fine form!

The joys of the Qantas Club Lounge are in temporary abeyance, alas.

But even now I am working on a cunning plan to get myself back into its hallowed halls.

chickenelly @chickenelly

What? Cricket again?  Even without Qantas Club lounge?

Anyway, I’ll tentatively dip my toe in with a vague, unformed theory.  As many have noted there is a distinct theme of either artificial reality or an artificial being/body going on in many of the episodes of the Clara bits of this series:

1) Asylum of the Daleks – stalk eyed lady; the dancing Daleks; Clara in her own world inside a Dalek

2) Snowmen – well the snowmen

3) Bells of St John – spoonheads; GI taking over people who work in the Shard

4) Coldwar – Icewarrior suit being mistaken for real thing

5) Hide – pocket universe

6) Centre of the Tardis – different realities; confusing maze

7) Crimson Horror – waxy people in bell jars

8) Nightmare in Silver – the Cybermen

Hmmm, I was hoping once I’d written it would coagulate into a lovely theory.  Well it is early in the morning here, maybe some coffee will help…

janetteB @janetteb

@whohar, The Ted Peake theory was sheer brilliance. The night shift has done it’s duty thanks to our inspired @blenkinsopthebrave. (I have erased all knowledge of cricket since leaving home. Maybe the Dr has done the same. Erased all knowledge of cricket since his fifth incarnation and will need to re awaken those memories to save the day. But if the eleventh doesn’t fall there will be no “ashes” and the game of cricket would loose it’s appeal. Umm. beginning to warm to this theory.

Cheers

Janette

ScaryB @scaryb

@whohar @blenkinsopthebrave @janetteb

Well I see the nightshift’s been very busy, and good to see you’re not stumped for ideas! However there’s no way that will happen – the Moff’s Scottish and we don’t do cricket!!

:mrgreen:

ScaryB @scaryb

@chickenelly

Just to build on your theory – been playing with this too, but not getting to a final definite conclusion (too many thoughts – it’s not cricket!). Anyway, I would add to your articial beings, monsters who turn out not to be monsters and vice versa ie hidden monsters

1) Asylum of the Daleks – stalk eyed lady; the dancing Daleks; Clara in her own world inside a Dalek

You could argue that Clara in reality is a monster ie a dalek

Dinosaurs – Solomon appears top be normal human (in the most general sense of that) but is actually a monster because of his deeds (genocide etc)

Gunslinger – the professor(?) turns out to be the monster (because of what he chose to do – although he pleads mitigation of it being to prevent a greater evil f the neverending war); the gunslinger, who despite being cyborged becomes the defender of the people

Power of 3 – The real enemy (maybe not so monstrous) is hidden (the Shakri); (margin note – the cubes are observed and soniced and appear normal till it’s time for them to be activated (ie scanners can be fooled)

Angels – Not sure about this one – is there a hidden enemy? The guy locking up the Angel maybe, but not really monstrous. (margin note – River’s remark that the both she and the Dr are psychopaths (or maybe she meant the Tardis, LOL))

2) Snowmen – well the snowmen.  Also hidden monster (Simeon, the GI)

3) Bells of St John – spoonheads; GI taking over people who work in the Shard (GI hidden even from the Dr); Ms K turns out not to be so monstous when the GI leaves her

Rings – The biggest monster isn’t the mummy, it’s the big planet (which as someone pointed out was beyond hidden in plain sight – it dominated the screen at times!) (margin note – “infinite potential” in the leaf, stronger than memories)

4) Coldwar – Icewarrior suit being mistaken for real thing; It’s also arguably not as monstrous as the nuclear sub (and definitely not as bad as the officer who wanted to go and nuke everyone, to hell with agreements)

5) Hide – pocket universe (Hidden monster – the timetraveller turns out not to be a threat, ditto the Romeo/Juliet monsters); The prof thinks he’s a monster, but he doesn’t appear like that to us. War made him make the choices he had to make

6) Centre of the Tardis – different realities; confusing maze (Monsters – the fried people, who turn out to be themselves – we don’t know why they were chasing – maybe they have no choice but to reunite with their other selves to prevent a paradox, or are trying to warn)

7) Crimson Horror – waxy people in bell jars; (Hidden monsters – Mr Sweet, who isn’t that monstrous and Mrs G who is, but appears human)

8) Nightmare in Silver – the Cybermen; they’re in hiding when we arrive and also hide in the Doctor (margin note – “infinite potential” in a child’s brain); the emperor – been hiding from his people/responsibilities for too long – realises he has to come back

But as I say it may just be an underlying theme of monsters not necessarily being what we think they are (ie the Dr isn’t as monstrous as he thinks he is). Split, or different, realities?

Love the Clara/Clarence (angel) @osakahatter mentioned upstream (Sent by the Tardis? River? Both?)

ScaryB @scaryb

@chickenelly – glad to see the thinking pipe is puffing well this morning and the caffeine is obviously kicking in, LOL

Love the Clara/Clarence (angel) @osakahatter mentioned upstream (Sent by the Tardis? River? Both?)

OI! When I spot something it would be nice to get credit! *mumbles about the attention span of the youth of today. It’s A Wonderful Life my arse ;)*

@scaryb

the Moff’s Scottish and we don’t do cricket!!

*cough* Mike Denness *cough*

ScaryB @scaryb

<prostrates her unworthy and unobservant self in front of the mighty genius (and angel spotter) @pedant (aka IAmNotAFishIAmAFreeMan) then crawls off into the Dungeon of Despair for more caffeine to sort head out 🙂 >

ScaryB @scaryb

hehe – I knew someone would bite on the Scottish no-cricket ref. (Just my own little prejudices 😀 )

So – was that the takeover by alien forces that we’ve just seen?

@scaryb – Yup. I didn’t realise that last night, but my brain processed it overnight and came up with a ‘you do realise…’ this morning.

Nightmare in Silver is the representation of the TV movie. And, the Time War decision; the Doctor is taken over by an alien force (the TV movie was part British, part American – so the Doctor is half ‘The Doctor’ and half ‘Mr Clever’) 🙂

[Um, apologies to the Americans on the board. We love the Former Colonies dearly; but in an ‘annoying younger sibling’ sort of way. :twisted:]

The Doctor gets free of the alien invasion, but Porridge is his mirror; he has to become ‘the poor sod who had to press the button.’ And pressing the button didn’t even end the endless war; one cyber mite escaped, just as we found one Dalek escaped in Dalek.

Multiple possible realities: might be. That was what happened in the Time War, wasn’t it? That’s already canon. People could die, and be brought back, and die again – a thousand times. And those lines were written at a point where RTD was already consulting with the incoming Showrunner about where he wanted to go with his tenure…

So the Doctor will die. We are, possibly, going to see the opening shots of Time War II in the finale – and the Doctor dies in this reality, which can be changed. But if there is a meta- plot underpinning the main plot, the Doctor will die and Clara is the person (she’s Doctor Who – the programme) who is tasked with bringing him back.

RTD’s Doctor Who was the last-ditch attempt to save ‘The Doctor’; that was the reason for its creation.

In the first season Christopher Eccleston was credited as ‘Doctor Who’. It was David Tennant who insisted that he was playing ‘The Doctor’.

confuseus @confuseus

I just want to show off my new avatar.

This monster was scary but wasn’t a monster at all!

Hidden Monster theme.

Is Clara a Hidden Monster?

Dun Dun DUUUN

@scaryb – oooh, you’re making coffee? Yes please!

ardaraith @ardaraith

@bluesqueakpip That is beautiful!

if you include a surprise regeneration in the mix and/or a Doppleganger of some kind.

@jimthefish – that would be my feeling too. If you show ‘The Doctor’ visibly fighting ‘The Dark Doctor’, the kids in the audience will still take it as the ‘real’ Doctor, their hero, is the one fighting the Big Bad. I think that was the reason for the internal mind scenes – so that the kids could be shown The Doctor, the real Doctor, was fighting Mr Clever for control of his body.

ScaryB @scaryb

<comes back out of Dungeon of Despair (aka the kitchen), with big fresh pot of strong black coffee>

@bluesqueakpip But he doesn’t have to die, does he? Because the show didn’t, it was technically “on ice” awaiting revival. (So long as just 1 person/fan still believed he/it could be brought back).  He could be in a death-like state, eg a coma, a dream-state – eg like my GI generates multiple realities theory <not letting this one go!> There are infinite possibilities, most resulting in death, but 1 (meeting RTD!) results in reawakening and rejuvenation. (multiple realities as you suggest mirroring the effect of the time war).

Thinking also about the prequel to Asylum which someone linked to on these boards recently.

ardaraith @ardaraith

@scaryb – (raises hand) that was me.

Hmm, speaking of that prequel. I haven’t taken it into account with any of my theories. That’s a mistake, I think. It was full of significant imagery and themes that have been repeated throughout the series.

ScaryB @scaryb

Thought Mr Clever was a bit of a naff name – no imagination these cyber-despots. Unless it links to “Clever boy”

<new unthought-through theory jumps up and down>

Re @jimthefish‘s dark doctor –

What if Run You Clever Boy…  is computer instruction/programme which reactivates the (possibly slightly Doctorised) cyber-planner remains in the lone cybermite we say at the end of NiS…?

<dalekised doctor theory reduced in probability since near-cyberisation; too similar?>

Apologies to @ardaraith (not sure for which bit though!!) All theories on here are a bit hive mind produced anyway

ScaryB @scaryb

Thought this was worth spotlighting again – there’s an interesting little gap between the image of 10 and image of 11 shown to the cyber-planner in the Dr’s head.  There are no gaps, interesting or otherwise, between any of the other incarnations. In the gap there is something that could be an exploding Tardis; at the very least it looks like a lot of regeneration energy.

@scaryb – he could go into a coma and we could have his body taken over, with him only surviving in a tiny little mind-fortress. Or he could die. We could have all these possibilities, infinite possibilities.

If the 50th Anniversary is going to be meta for the Interregnum, then there’s the novelisations (the New Adventures), there’s the Big Finish Audio, there were The Stranger videos and ‘Downtime’ (and Kate Lethbridge-Stewart has already walked in from ‘Downtime’). The 50th would have to represent the infinite realities of that period.

And I have to go and do some work, dammit! 😀

ScaryB @scaryb

@bluesqueakpip Or the bloody 7 month gap coming up represents the missing years (doesn’t quite fit with 1996-2005, unless RTD started serious discussions in 2003…)

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 526 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.